Anybus Power over Ethernet Injector AWB4006-B Protection

I’m looking for input power characteristics for the Anybus PoE injector AWB4006-B. I’m powering it via a 24VDC power supply and want to properly size a circuit breaker for it.

Hi @ammauric

Is this the information that you’re looking for?

Not quite, it lists the output voltage & power at 30W per port, so if I do a quick conversion at 24V input it’s 2.5A, but I doubt the efficiency is 100%, especially with a wide input voltage range.

I can try check this with a power supply to check the current at 24V DC and let you know. Were you planning on doing this with 2 POE bolts connected to it?

We have applications with both 1 and 2 ports connected. Looking forward to your results.

Here’s what I found:

Device by its self with nothing connected

24V, 0.04A, 0.96W

Device with one POE bolt connected to it

24V, 0.09A, 2.16W

Device with two POE bolts connected to it

24V, 0.12A, 2.88W

That seems kind of low, what kind of loads are you connecting to it? I would expect amperage to be somewhere in the range of 2.5A if this can do 30W per port.

(60W @ 50V => 1.2A out, 60W @ 24V => 2.5A + efficiency loss in)

edited to correct amperage

The only items I had connected to the AWB4006 were two POE Wireless Bolts. But if you’re looking to calculate it for something with a larger current draw, you could do it for the max specs above. Like you were saying it would be 30W at 24V would be 1.2A per port or 2.4A total. You shouldn’t really need to take the efficiency loss into consideration with this but if you’d like, I can try and contact the product manager to find out

I can just make some safe assumptions based on what products we’ll be connecting. Thanks for looking into this for me.

You’re welcome, let me know if you have any other questions

-Tim