Anybus wireless access point to 8 wireless bolts allen bradley compactlogix

Hello come into another problem i have got 8 compact logix plc with static ips conected to bolt clients with static ips that are connected to a wireless access point i have set the default gateway to a nat router but now that has been removed so will set them all to the wireless access point, the problem i am having is i can connect 4 of the plcs wireless and all is good but as soon as i add the other 4 the network speed slows right down and we lose coms is there anything i can do to resolve this or should i buy another access point ?

Thanks

Ashley

Are you using a Bolt as an AP or is it another type of AP? The CompactLogix PLCs do send a lot of broadcast traffic, so it might be a good idea to split them up between 2 different APs anyway.

No i brought a hms panel mounted access point because was lead to believe would be quicker than using a single bolt as a access point, ok will try that and let you know how i get on, is there anything you could suggest to speed up wifi speeds ?
Thanks

Ashley

How far apart are the Bolts and the AP? If they are less than 100 feet, I would recommend using the 5 GHz band.

You could also try putting half the Bolts on 2.4 G and the other half on 5 GHz.

However, I think there might be another problem, because that Access Point should be able to handle the traffic from 8 Bolts without a problem. Are you able to get a packet capture of the wireless traffic that we could examine for problems?