Anybus Wireless Bridge 2 - Ethernet connection lost problem

Hello,
Wireless connection with my computer or tablet is lost if data sent via ethernet cable to anybus wireless bridge increases.
If 168 byte-data is sent to anybus wireless bridge via ethernet cable with 10 hz; there is no problem about wifi connection.
However;
If 168 byte-data is sent to anybus wireless bridge via ethernet cable with 20 hz; anybus wireless bridge connection with my tablet is lost and my computer( connected to anybus) can not ping to anybus wireless bridge device for a short time periodically.

To sum up, if data traffic incoming from wired ethernet connection to anybus wireless bridge increases; my wifi connection is lost and established for each 5-10 seconds again and again periodically.

My driver version is 1.6.3

How can this issue be fixed?

Hello @aozdin,

What is the actual network throughput going though the wireless bridge in these circumstances? What is the packet size being used? If you look at the up time for the device do you see that it is resetting when you seem to lose connection?

Deryck

Uptime is never reset. Packet size is 168 byte. Except 168-byte packet traffic, there is no throughput.

However,

Bridge gives response very late to my pings from computer which is connected via wireless; if bridge takes 168 byte packet with 20 Hz or more via wired ethernet connection.

Moreover, If an android tablet is connected to bridge via wireless connection; bridge connection is continuously lost and reconnect while 168 byte packet is sent to bridge via ethernet cable with 20 hz or more.

Hello @aozdin,

Though a 2.4 Ghz WiFi connection we are only capable of sending 20Mbps max. 168bytes at 20Hz is 168 bytes every .05 second. Which would be 3360Bps or about .03Mbps. Which should not be any issue for the device. This could be an issue with how you are sending the data. How are you sending the 168 bytes at 20 Hz? What software are you using what is receiving the data? I would like to try the same test locally to better understand this issue.

This might also be an issue that needs to be submitted to out support portal https://support.hms.se/www/main.cfm where we can have the developers also take a look at the issue.

Deryck

I am using a custom software for sending UDP packets. I have uploaded an image. Please have a look:

Sorry for image link not seen. Image is as shown on this link: https://ibb.co/sJ3s76s

Hello @aozdin,

This should be something the AWB can handle I have not seen any reports of similar issues. Are you sending this to both devices at the same time? What happens if you remove one of the client bolts does it show any improvement? A Wireshark capturing the sent traffic and then one from the receiving device should show what traffic is getting lost and should help determine the root cause.

Deryck