Anybus X-Gateway AB7606 Setup

@anonxltmgozh
X-gateway seems to be able to read all of the UNIT16 values. But when running through the CAN Line Listener it seems like the device is trying to contact multiple unused nodes. The device was also receiving SDO request to write errors

Tim,
Can you please send me the manual for the Configuration Manager CANopen? It’s discussed on the website but I can’t find it.

Best regards,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Is this the manual you were looking for?

Tim,

Unfortunately not. It would be the manual for the software. There are a lot of elements to the software that do not have any documentation. Nothing that explains the transmission types.

Best regards,

Richard

It looks like right now the closest thing we have is if you go onto the CANopen manager and go to the help tab on the top and hit help again.

sendtorichard

Tim,
I asked specifically about info on the transmission types and nothing in the help file explains them. Can you or someone else that knows this product please call me?

Let me get in contact with some colleagues in Sweden and see if I can find some more information on this device for you.

Tim,
I really need more help on this application. I have just lost two more days. The guy I have been talking to at Curtis said he spoke to a Travis at HMS. Is he someone who can help me? I can’t afford to lose any more time.

Hi Richard,

The Transmission types are standard CANopen types. You should be able to look at any CANopen spec for an explanation of them. Here is a site that has details on them. https://www.canopensolutions.com/english/about_canopen/pdo.shtml

Deryck

Deryck,
Thank you for your reply. That website has been very helpful. Unfortunately, it is also very lacking. What does RTR mean? I have a controller that is supposedly CANopen. Can you please tell me how I would implement this?

"When the Master sends a Slave device a PDO (PDO-MOSI, Master Out, Slave In), the Slave device will respond within the time indicated by the CAN_PDO_Response_Period Object. This period is expressed in CAN Bus Cycle Times. So, to convert CAN_PDO_Response_Period to milliseconds, multiply CAN_PDO_Response_Period by the CANopen_Bus_Cycle_Time Object. At the time that this is being written, the stated response time for the CAN_PDO_Response_Period is 16 milliseconds.

When the Slave sends the Master a PDO (PDO-MISO, Master In, Slave Out), it expects a reply within the period defined by the CAN_PDO_Timeout_Period Object. This period is expressed in CAN Bus Cycle Times. So, to convert CAN_PDO_Timeout_Period to milliseconds, multiply CAN_PDO_Timeout_Period by the CANopen_Bus_Cycle_Time Object. At the time that this is being written, the default response time for the CAN_PDO_Timeout_Period is 25 (bus cycles = 4ms per Bus Cycle), or 100 milliseconds."

Also, this same device has many values in its object dictionary but only 5 show up in the list of transmit and receive objects? How do I add the other objects to the PDO mapping?

I have many other questions and since the software does not have a manual my only option is to contact HMS. Is there anyone in the US that can talk to me?

Best regards,

Richard

Richard Adams
Technical Designerricharda@lapropoint.com
Cell: 909-226-1900
LinkedIn Profile

Hello,

Sorry for the lack of descriptions, the GUI incorporates many common CANopen terms and there is an expectation that standard CANopen terms are understood. As well as an understanding of the CANopen Protocol.

An RTR is a Remote Transmission Request and would need to be supported by the CANopen slave. To set a PDO to be a RTR you should have the option under the PDO settings section.

The Object dictionary is showing you all the objects the device has. However not all of the objects can be mapped. What you see in the drop down is going to show you the objects that can be mapped. If the object is not in there it is most likely not supported by the device or the manufacturer has errors in the EDS file.

In regards to talking to someone at HMS I can help answer some questions. We are not CANopen experts here in the US we work with our colleagues in Sweden who have a greater knowledge or CANopen and this gateway. We can offer services to help you set up this device. This would need to be a scheduled service and with the holiday this most likely would not be able to be scheduled until the new year.