Anybus X-Gateway AB9001-B Conect Timeout using Modbus Poll

Hi my trouble is trying connect modbus poll to Anybus module via Ethernet to see the values send for a Simatic Field PG trough a CPU 315 via Profibus.
But the app display a message that say "Modbus connection failed. Connect Timeout.
And the Led in the module that correspond to Modbus TCP flashes in red

I check if the IP is correct and it is, If can do ping and it do.
In the PG its posible change the state between run an idle but not change the value of the unique register set in the transactions.
I try do the same in 3 different computers.

A brief description of what I trying to communicate:
Simatic Field PG(Step 7) CPU 315-2 DP (Master) Anybus AB9001 PC (Slave). this configuration is for prove and configure the equipment before install it.

Also It’s posible access via IP web page and its visible by IPConfig tool.

Hello @MigueMDZ,

It sounds like the Modbus Client side of this gateway is having issues communicating with the Modbus server device. Make sure the Modbus side is configured in the same subnet as the modbus server side. Are you able to ping both the client and server from a PC?

Deryck

Hi thanks for anwer and yes i tryed ping and it do.

After a few checks, connect everything in the same PG and works.

Field Pg to cpu 315 via MPI,
cpu315 to Anybus via profibus,
Anybus to field pg via ethernet.

But now i need a configuration in the anybus where a function “23” write an read 3 registers and read other 3 registers.
This generate in the mapping overview 2 data slots in the profibus configuration.
when i try write a similar configuration in step7 using universal modules the cpu and anybus show an error.
In this Application Note For NetTool For Profibus 1.2 and this How To Configure Anybus Profibus Slave Module With Siemens Step 7 manual indicates how use this type of modules using system blocks SFC 14 and 15.

how can i make this configuration if i need more than 1 register to be read in one slot in profibus configuration.

Thaks I already discover how solve this and the other problem :grin: