Anybus X-gateway - PROFIBUS Master - EtherNet/IP Adapter

Hi,

We are having problem perform the upload and download of Profibus network configuration of the Anybus X-Gateway model AB7629-B.

We are experienced a problem with one of the elements of the Profibus network (Allen-Bradley 1794-APB/B) some days ago. As this unit is obsolete we tried changed by a new model (1794-APBDPV1/A). However when we tried to configure this new
unit we could to upload and download from Anybus X-gateway.

Even if making any modification after the configuration upload, the NetTool shows some differences between configuration file and physically installed component.

It was not possible to perform the download too.

Additional information:

·
Anybus NetTool for PROFIBUS Setup 1.9.1.4_B.exe

·
GSD file for the obsolete unit: 1794-APB/B.zip

·
Configuration file: GTG03_SSE.zip

I hope to receive your assistance as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

1794-APB_B.zip (14.7 KB)

GTG03_SSE.zip (2.24 KB)

You cannot use the old GSD file for the new Allen Bradley device. You are going to have to delete the old device in the configuration, import the new device’s GSD file, and then add it to the configuration and re-configure it. Keep in mind that the parameters for the new device may be different than the old one.

But in the first attempt we just tried to connect to Anybus. No changes was performed and we got this message after upload from the gateway.

Do you know what kind of problem we are facing? What do you suggest?

1794-APB_B.zip (14.7 KB)

GTG03_SSE.zip (2.24 KB)

Can you please provide the serial number for the gateway?

Find attached.

Anybus.zip (107 KB)

You will need to open a case with our Central EU office for help with this case. Please visit https://mysupport.hms.se to get started.

Hi Kyle,

Can you please send us the gsd file for the Profibus Master AB7629-B (ABX-PDPM-EMBS)?

The serial number is A0121247 (FW 3.17).

Thank you,

image001.gif

image002.png

It’s a PROFIBUS master and the GSD file is included in the software, NetTool for PROFIBUS which you can download from the Device page.

You can access it by right clicking the ‘Anybus-M DPV1’:

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your answer.

We have tried to use exactly this master, but I noticed the description is “ABM-DPV / AB-PCI-DPV1-M”, which is not our model. Is there no problem to use it with
“ABX-PDPM-EMBS”?

The question is because when we try to scan the network using this master, the configuration that is uploaded is not valid. The Profibus slaves listed are correct,
but the IO modules are either incorrect or incomplete. Hence we cannot monitor the network online.

Regards,

image001.gif

image002.png

What happens when you connect to the device using hyperterminal? Are there any errors?

I really don’t think you need a different GSD file, that one should work. I saw my colleage messaged you in our ticketing system but there wasn’t a reply. I will paste his suggestions below:

Could you share some screen shots showing the errors you are having.

Are you able to go online with the bus and read any info from the devices? If not perhaps you do not have the transport providers configured correctly.

If you are able to connect can you please are you able to scan the network? Can you provide a screenshot showing the results of a network scan?

From the screenshot you sent, the Master looks fine. You just need to adopt the slave that is not in the configuration yet.

Your colleague said that it was a new device, so if that is the case you should have an updated GSD file for it that you can import in NetTool.

Kyle,

We can connect and scan the network. There is this problem with slave 1, but I could manage to upload it later (it came as slave 6 and I had to manually change
the address to 1).

The problem is that even with the uploaded configuration, we cannot activate Monitor/Modify – see the error below:

image001.png

Regarding the new device, it is currently not installed in the network. We are just trying to upload and monitor the existing network.

Regards,

image001.gif

image002.png

Hello,

Kyle is traveling today and asked me to help out with this issue. It sounds like you are running into issue where your configurations do not match the actual bus configuration.

Looking at the network scans you posted it appears we are able to communicate on the bus correctly and devices respond back with their configuration. While you seem to indicate some discrepancies there isn’t any thing we can do to change the module results. The module the scan shows are the ones reported by the nodes themselves. You could remove them from the devices but it most likely cause errors.

With the error you just posted you should be able to download the configuration to get it to match then go online with the bus. Once downloaded you should see any nodes in error from the network map.

A sure way the get the master communicating with the slave would be to connect all the devices and then start a new project. Connect to the bus and perform a scan and adopt all the slave. If you do this in a new project you should end up see check boxes for all the devices. Adopting all the devices then downloading this config will ensure your config matches the bus. You should then be able to go online and monitor the devices.

Deryck

Hello Deryck,

Thank you for your answer.

We have already done pretty much everything you suggested, apart from downloading. I have started a new project, added the Profibus master (“AB-PCI-DPV1-M”, besides
our model is actually “ABX-PDPM-EMBS”, as informed to Kyle), scanned the network and adopted all devices. Even with this procedure, going online will show the error that the configuration online and offline is different.

Our concern about creating a new project from scratch and downloading it is that we do not know the memory map. In case we assign different input/output addresses
to the modules, I suppose it will mess completely with the inputs/outputs order in the Modbus side.

Regards,

image001.gif

image002.png

Hi,

You are unfortunately correct regarding the mapping. However as the error you see indicates a download of the config is required to get communications working. You can try updating the current config to try and keep the mapping but you will need to make sure the config for the Profibus network is correct.

You can also remap the input and output address if necessary to make sure the data is in the same memory address on the gateway.