AS data not auto updating

@anonpfzstecv
Hello Saad,

You can reach out to me here if you have any follow up questions.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

I tried with synchronous I/O mode enabled and the behaviour didn’t change. To give you a better idea, what ends up happening is analog input to the gateway only updates on events and lags behind the output by three events. For example, we have an analog valve on AS-I node 6:

1. On start-up, the gateway correctly reads a position of 0 since the valve hasn’t moved yet.

2. We send an output of 10% and verify the valve moves. The input remains 0.

3. We send an output of 20% and verify the valve moves. The input remains 0.

4. We send an output of 30% and verify the valve moves. The input remains 0.

5. We send an output of 40% and verify the valve moves. The input now changes to 10%.

6. We send an output of 50% and verify the valve moves. The input continues to change to 20%.

So the input is lagging behind the output by 3 events and not updating in real time, only when we send an output to that specific node. This behaviour is present whether synchronous I/O mode is enabled or disabled. Let me know what else I can try.

Thanks,

Saad

I will need to reach out to my colleagues in Sweden for more info on the analog functionality in AS-I. In the mean time are you sure it is off by the number of events? If you send the output to 10% 3 times does the input change to 10%?

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

We are unable to send exactly the same output as it has to be different for the gateway to actually send something. If we change it from 10 to 10.01 to 10 to 10.01 then yes, the input does change to 10%.

Saad

Hello Saad,

What is the Article number for the gateway you are using?

Deryck

Hi Saad,

Would we be able to schedule a time to have a phone call and possibly a teamviewer to further review this issue. I want to get a better idea how you are writing and reading to the device.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

At this point, we are switching these analog AS-I valves to standard analog I/O because of time constraints so I don’t think we need to worry about this problem any more.

Thanks,

Saad

Hello Saad,

Thank you for the update it is unfortunate that we were not able to resolve this issue. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Deryck