ASCII COMMANDS MAPPING WITH AB7000

Hello

We are trying to communicate to the device which accepts ASCII commands. We are able to read back from the device however we are unable to issue commands to the device.

Could you please help us understand how this can be setup into Anybus AB7000 configuration?

Thanks and regards

Hrishikesh Tambe

Please consider the environment before printing this email!

Pages from Caframo - 1540 - Manual.pdf (58.7 KB)

I assume you are getting an error when you try to write to the device, is that correct?

If so, what is the error? Do you have a log?

If possible, please share the log and your configuration file.

Thanks,

Kyle

Hi Kyle

The problem is that we are not getting any errors. We are getting response from device which we can read from logger. However when we send command, we are not able to get any response from the device.

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

Can you clarify? Are you only seeing the response in the logs?

If this is the case, it may be a timing issue. Try adjusting the message delimiter. (For example, try 50, 100, 200, etc. to see if get data).

Have you tried using a Modbus scanner on your PC to send the commands?

HI Kyle

We tried around a few things and we were able to create a mapping in Anybus and DeltaV to command the mixer and read the feedback.

Now our problem is we receive the feedback in ASCII as “Mixer Running” and “Mixer Paused” in HEX format. When this data is written on Input Area registers, it keeps being written over and never resets. Due to this, we are unable to decode the message as the data in the message gets corrupted due to over writing. Is there a way to clear the these Input Area registers?

~WRD000.jpg

image005.jpg

image002.jpg

image006.jpg

Can you share your configuration file so I can see how you have it set up?

hi Kyle

Please find attached config files. We have tried two different sets which I have attached. I am also attaching a pdf for the device which we are trying to interface. The pdf contains command that need to be configured. We have configured START_4 and STOP_4 and its feedback. In Set1 anybus config, the feedback is mapped into different registers. In Set2 anybus config, the feedback is mapped on same registers, so that it overwrites

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

ANYBUS.zip (1.82 KB)

Pages from 1540MN003-Rev00.pdf (58.7 KB)

I’m not 100% sure I understand the problem that you are describing. If you could include screen shots or logs that would probably help.

Also, there seems to be some confusion about ASCII and HEX. All data is bits and the bits can be grouped into bytes. ASCII is just a way to encode the data to represent text. There is no ASCII mode vs HEX mode, the data is always just bits which you can interpret as either HEX or ASCII.

If you want to clear the registers of the previous data, make sure to set “Fill unused bytes” to “Enabled”:

You already have the “Offline Option” set to clear the bytes, but those will only be cleared if the device goes offline. If you want to clear registers in your PLC, you need to do that in programming on the PLC.

If I’m not understanding the problem, please share some screen shots or logs to illustrate exactly what you are trying to explain.

Hi Kyle

Would it be possible to setup a call for webex/zoom for a quick discussion? Please let me know.

Sure. Can you open a case at https://mysupport.hms.se so that we can get your contact info and arrange a call? Just provide the link to this discussion in the notes (ASCII COMMANDS MAPPING WITH AB7000). We typically use Teamviewer, but Webex or Zoom could also be arranged.

Thanks Kyle. I have opened the case 202011-22378

image005.jpg

image006.jpg