ATT 4G disconnect

@anonubomhsdk
Spoke to support a while ago, wasn’t able to upgrade firmware w/FTP

Connected to remote PC that was connected to Flexy and was able to upgrade the firmware to 13.2s0 via eBuddy. Ran Internet and VPN Wizards and was able to connect remotely again.

**Andreas Schmidt, P.E.**

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (19 KB)

**Andreas Schmidt, P.E.**

Process Controls Engineer | (ext: 108) | T: 801.290.1866 | C: 801.718.3446

3665 S. West Temple | Salt Lake City | Utah 84115

aschmidt@westech-inc.com | westech-inc.com

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (163 KB)

Kyle the eWON is connected again if you want to try

Account: westechaccount

My login: aschmidt

Pw: Ars_112151

Device:

Call me when you can

Why do we keep dropping out?, the signal isn’t too bad, 4 bars of 5.

Then my direct into the ewon dropped.

Ecatcher says connected, but I can’t ping the PLC

I’m rebooting my laptop???

Thanks for your help

Andreas Schmidt, P.E.

Kyle

Sorry, my onsite person had to go check into his hotel and I lost the Teamviewer connection (via hotspot )

Did you find anything in the backup file?

Feel free to call me on my cell below.

Andreas Schmidt, P.E.

Kyle

This eWON\4g card is still on and off, mostly off

Any ideas’s? firmware 13.3?

Call my cell when you can

Hi Andreas,

Haven’t found anything decisive in those logs. Can I get the credentials to log in to your talk2M account and take a look?

Kyle

[details=“Summary”]
I sent this at 10:24 MST repeat:

Kyle the eWON is connected again if you want to try

Hi Andy,

Please contact your distributor about the RMA and give them the ticket number 9781.

If your distributor has any questions on the process please have them contact support for help.

Andy Schmidt
ticket 9781
801-718-3446

Logo
Logo
Logo

Voice Message

+18012901866-1210-102836-054.mp3 (86.1 KB)

• spoke to Andy, he is running a constant ping to check connectivity on new device, losing 50% of packets
  • changed MaxCallDur to 0 from 60 and he will try again to see if it improves

Kyle;

This worked great! O.5% loss overnight!

Thanks

Great! Keep me posted if you experience any other issues or have any other questions.

Kyle

Kyle;

What I fear and really need to know, is if the pinging statistics is really the metric I needed to know

and what it does to the phone bill when we change “Max outgoing call duration to 0 min.

(a question to AT&T I suppose: Do we get billed for 24/7 connections with dormant communication, no data?).

If we are online through Talk2M or with eCatcher and our PLC software doing “Ingoing” communication, does it still cut us off after 60 minutes of “outgoing” time?

How do the two settings below work together with “ingoing”

Is Talk2M constantly doing traffic, so as to avert the 120 Idle time?

As discussed, pinging may not be acting like a Talk2M or with eCatcher/PLC software connection.

Thank you

Andreas Schmidt, P.E.

Hi Andy,

The ping stats are telling you that the device is up, online, and reachable from wherever you are ping from so it is a good metric for determining availability.

Taking the limit off the call duration shouldn’t effect your bill very much if you are being charged for the amount of data being transmitted, and not the connection time. Of course, this depends on your contract with At&t.

Traffic between the PLC and Flexy don’t have any effect on the outgoing connection time. For best results I would set both of those settings to 0 (idle time & max out). There is not much idle traffic if Flexy is not configured to export data.

Kyle