ATTN: Kyle

See attached per phone call.

MyConfig.cfg (16 KB)

Hi Devin,

Looking at this one again, I think you are going to want that Response address to match the Query address, 0x1006. That might be why you are getting the errors.

Kyle

Kyle,

Here is a log file I generated while testing your recommendation for changing the response starting address. See attached.

Thanks,

log.txt (29.2 KB)

Thanks Devin,

Was this after changing to 0x020 or 0x1006?

Any change in LED 5 status?

Kyle

Doing a quick follow-up. Was able to verify that it actually IS writing, it’s just not going green on LED 5.

Thanks for your assistance.

Do you have the User Manual for the serial device (memory map, commands, exception codes, etc.)? If so, can you share it?

Do the starting addresses for the write command now match (0x1006)?

Strangely I wasn’t getting your e-mails. It is currently writing just fine with response address at 0x0020. The red LED is still on.

I haven’t tested response with 0x1006 yet. Do you imagine that would at least make the red light go away?

I’m happy that it’s at least talking right now.

It is writing with the response address currently at 0x0020. I’m happy that it’s at least writing.

I can test with 0x1006 in a few. Do you believe that’ll get rid of the red LED? I can live with a red LED as long as it’s writing…

I think that changing to 0x1006 might solve the issue with LED 5. Give it a shot and let me know!

It works now!

Just wanted to verify, here’s what I had to change:

Response Starting Address: 0x1006 (previously 0x0020)
Quantity of Registers: 0x0004 (previously 0x0008; guess it needed to be words, not bytes)

We’re working now! Thanks so much for all your help!

Great! Thanks for letting me know. I’m glad we could help!