AWB3000

We have AWB3000s connected to remote IO 1734-AENTR (1 per AWB3000) with a safety PLC, the system is Roaming, because when moving, sometimes the system stops, in this case it is impossible to start again, because the system no longer see the 1734-AENTR, if we try a PING on the AWB it responds but not the 1734, we must then reset the AWB to restart the system.

Hi @erigagne,

Are you using the Bridge II with an internal or external antenna?

Do you have a diagram showing the system?

Do you have the latest firmware on the AWB3000s?

Has the system always had this problem (is it a new install) or did this problem start to appear after a period of working correctly? Were any changes made to the system prior to the problem happening?

Hi Kyle,

Attached is all the information we have.

We often have some communication losts lasting approx 10 secondes.
On the Cranes , sometimes we ping the anybus module, but not the I/O. When we reboot the anybus module via the browser , both start to ping back.
The cranes are often shut off for maintenance lasting hours.

Thank you !

Francis Croteau

I think the problem may be that you are using Layer 3 Mode, not Layer 2:

Using Layer 2 mode will allow all traffic to go over the wireless bridge.

So we changed the client to Layer 2 Tunnel and we are still having some issues. Roughly 20 communication errors since April 19th lasting between 9 sec and 2 min. We did not need to restart the AWB3000 so far though as everytme.

Are there other settings that could be worth looking into?

Thanks

Without knowing more specifics, I suspect this may be due to the clients roaming between APs. Are all of the APs using the same SSID?

There are roaming settings that can be adjusted using the AT Commands:

We proceeded with the modification and we are awaiting results.
trigger scan rssi = -60
fast roaming = 1
Roaming neighbordhood = 1

Is it possible to roam using Bluetooth (multiple access point)

How do you activate MI-MO ?

Yes, you can change the BT roaming behavior with these settings from the AT Command Guide.