Basic Scripting - Lost Scripts

After changing a tag name in the tag editor my basic scripts appeared to be gone. I After they are restored all returned to normal. Is this a real or perceived phenomena?
Flexy 205 Fr.13.0

Hi George,

I’m not really sure what might have happened when you used the tag generator, but the tag generator isn’t something that was made by a customer and not HMS so it’s a little difficult to say how the device will respond.

Generally I’d recommend adding tags using the methods below:

What I believe happened is I changed the tag name and all of my scripts disappeared. I’m not sure what a tag generator is I was using the eWon tag editor when this event occurred. I figured the worst thing to happen would be a broken script.

Whoops, I misunderstood what you were talking about earlier.

Can you send me a backup.tar file from ebuddy with the support files included?

No problem Tim. Here they are! [color=red]MOVED TO STAFF NOTE[/color] (224.5 KB)

Hi George, I think I see an issue with this.

I noticed that you’re coding in the cyclic section. We’ve seen lots of issues in the past with people doing this because it will run that section of code once every processor cycle. Because it’s doing this it tends to large issues on the device. Can you try and move that code into the init section and if it needs to be run a lot you can try using tset 1,1 and use an ontimer to call the section of code?

1 Like

I’ll give it a try.