Batch Tag Trasnfer from Rockwell PLC

I have over 10,000 tags that may need to be downloaded once a month from a Rockwell Compactlogix. I have the data stored in a structured array. How can I have someone easily batch download this data to a remote spreadsheet?

Hello @fredlauer,

Which HMS device are you using? Is it an Ewon or Anybus device?

-TIm

Ewon Flexy 205

10,000 tags is more than an individual Flexy 205 can hold. We have a maximum of 2500 tags and up to 1500 tags per IO server, but that would be pushing the Flexy a lot past the recommended value of around 350 tags.

That being said, you can save the data recorded from those tags by sending it out as a .csv file like the email example below. Take a look at the section that talks about the EBD

Sending Emails with a Flexy.docx (433.3 KB)

I can reduce the count, to 350. That isn’t a problem.

Oh ok that should be fine then, let me know if you have any questions about the email or ebd section

Tim,

Is it possible to have the PLC trigger an event in the ewon ?

Can I have the PLC tell the Ewon to send an email ? Can I have the Ewon command something within the PLC ?

Thanks,

Fred

Hi Fred,

You can have the PLC trigger an event in the Ewon either by programming the Ewon to send an email in BASIC if it reads a certain value, or set it up so that the alarm section to send out an email if a certain condition is met.

In terms of the Ewon telling the PLC to do something, are you trying to write values to the PLC or what do you mean by that?

-Tim

I want to toggle a bit to clear the data in the PLC and reset the array

What IO server is your device using? DF1 or ABLogix?

This may be helpful for you as well Writing data to an Allen-Bradley PLC