Bidi problems after fw 14.0s02 upgrade

Hi Team,
after a firmware upgrade from 13.3 to 14.0s02, in the realtime log i have a lot of Bidi errors:

in the event error i have this

Are there any other symptoms or are you just seeing the error in the logs?

Can you please make a backup of the device using eBuddy and share it with me?

no , there aren’t any others symptoms.

unfortunately i can’t send a backup of the ewon.

There were some changes involving the Bidi protocol so you may see more activity. I will check with the developers to see if this is expected or not, or indicative of another problem.

In the realTime log i have the 5 lines of errors repeating every 3 seconds; in the eventLog i have:
37914 biditr-Login failed

in attachments you can see the eventlogEvents.htm (275.5 KB)

I need more information to analyze this problem. If we can’t get a backup or device access I can only recommend re-running the VPN Wizard at this time.

I’m having a very similar problem but it’s happened suddenly. My Flexy has been runing 14.0s02 every since it was released and I haven’t had any issues but suddenly last night I started getting the BIDI messages repeating all through the Real Time Logs:

I can provide a backup with support files if needed. Rebooting the Flexy did not resolve the issue.

Hi @ntnunk,

If you can provide that backup using eBuddy and checking “Include support files” than I will take a look. I appreciate it!

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Backup attached. It was done via eBuddy and with support files. The backup was also taken while the problem was occurring on the Flexy.

A bit of extra, possibly useful information: Immediately after taking this backup, I rebooted the Flexy to see if the problem would go away. It did not, but it did clear up on it’s own several hours later.

Hopefully this helps.

Regards,
Noel
eWON-31Jan2020.tar (587 KB)

Hi Noel,

I’ve passed this along to the devs and I’ve been informed that the bidi protocol is a connection between the eWON and M2Web, which allows things like KPIs to be displayed, and certain API calls like “T2MNbUSerConnected.” That’s why it doesn’t effect the performance of the Flexy locally.

I will let you know if they get back to me with more information after they look into it.

Thanks,

Kyle

Hello,
we are currently seeing a similar issue in our local eWON (firmware version 14.1s0). The problem does not arise in 2 client ewons (versions 14.0s01 and 14.0s02).

grafik

And:

Can you help? Thank you.

Hello,

Can you provide a backup with support files? THis can be done by connecting to the unit and using ebuddy to get the files for the unit.

Hello,
thankyou for the quick response. The eWON backup and support files are attached.

I recently upgraded to 14.1s0 and see a ton of “biditr-Login failed” messages in the log

Is this impacting functionality or are you just seeing the errors in the log?

From what I can tell it’s just filling up the log. Is there anything I can do about it?

At the moment, there is not. The developers are aware of the issue and it should be addressed in an upcoming release.

Any updates on this?

Make sure you are on the latest release, 14.2, and re-run the VPN Wizard. If you still see the error, you may need to do a level 2 reset.