Boot P question

HMS-EN2MB-R I have no problem discovering the module. However the IP address is not being set with the add relation. I see the new assignment in the bottom window but get an error unable to service DHCP request from “MAC address”

Hello @SCbryan,

Can you verify that you are setting the IP to the Ethernet/IP interface? The Modbus TCP side will be set from within the configuration pages.

What are you using to set the IP address with? Do you have issues if you use our IPconfig software?

​Yes connected to the Ethernet/IP port X1.2. The module just doesn’t seem to retain the IP even if I turn off the DHCP.

​It is almost like the module does not respond to the Boot-P command to disable DHCP

When you can with our IP config software what does the device show for a configuration? Does it show up with DHCP enabled or disabled? Does IPconfig set the IP address?

Deryck

​can you send me a link to or the zip file of the IP Config software

You can download IP Config here: https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/software/ipconfigtool.zip?sfvrsn=6e1142d7_14

​This tool seems to have worked. I can disable DHCP.

Two other question regarding the HMS-EN2MB-R

Should I flash the module to the latest version?

Can the module be connected to the CLX I/O tree without being offline? I would like to add the module without out taking the CLX offline or to program mode.

Hi,

I would recommend updating to the latest version.

You unfortunately do need to be offline then do a full download to the PLC. If this is absolutely not possible you could use an AB9006 that offer similar modbus TCP client support. This device lacks the AOP and tag creation but you can add it as a IO module to the PLC or communicate with message instructions.

Regards,
Deryck