Can a Flexy 205 communicate with ControlLogix UDT structures?

Question is the title. I suspect the answer is no.
The documentation indicates support for predefined types with dot-fields like Timers, but doesn’t mention User Defined Types.
I have a tag of type UDT1, that contains type UDT2 that I would like to read (so the tag address resolves to tagname.item1.item2).

In the Event log there there are many ablsrv-CIP reply with unsupported tag type messages.

I would like to get confirmation that UDT’s are not supported.

Thanks.

I don’t believe this is possible because only the following data types are supported by the ABLOGIX IO Server:

BOOL, SINT, INT, FLOAT, DINT, BIT ARRAY, and STRING

hey, did you keep trying this option? I’m just facing the same scenario, where all the tags I need access to are part of a UDT… I’d assume Ewon can read the tags, since they end up being the allowed data types, but I’m not sure how to dig into the UDTs to access them. So far I’ve had no success.

The tag name I was given was:
PROGRAM:Title1.Title2.Speed

Any comments would be great!

thanks,

-R

I never had any success getting the eWon to read into the structures. I think I ended up creating aliases for the UDT items in the controller.

Hi @romulo.escamilla,

Only the following data types are supported by the ABLOGIX IO Server:

BOOL, SINT, INT, FLOAT, DINT, BIT ARRAY, STRING

I think you’ll have to break the UDTs back down to the component data types before you can use it in the Flexy. If I understand it correctly, a UDT is just a block of other data types. The Flexy needs to know the data type in order to put it in a tag.

I need to correct myself… we do have systems where we read UDT tags on Ewon Flexy:

I think it all comes down to syntax of the tag. I have a current project where there are several groups inside the PLC program (as I mentioned on my post above). there I have not found a syntax able to read the tag.