Can an ewon device be configured without using the web browser configuration wizard?

Hi,

I’m currently taking ownership of a project from an external company. This project involves using an ewon cosy to open an available remote connection, ofcourse.
Naturally, I’ve asked for log in credentials and specific configurations. As this ewon is registered to an account that has many other ewon devices, for ease of transfer i’ve been given a user log in that allows access to the 1 specific ewon on that account. I’m able to log in and connect successfully.

I’ve been looking to access the web browser of the ewon device (in the case a change is required), but the external company is having trouble sharing the log in details for this…this may be from lack of understanding or simply not knowing the different log in details. I’ve been told “he (employee who set up the ewon) never used web Talk2m and only eCatcher, so there is no connection configured in Ewon cosy. Even I can’t login on Talk2m”

I’m not after the talk2m log in (surely itd be the same as the ecatcher), but the one used to specify LAN ports and internet connection…the web browser to access the configuration wizard.
My question is…is this possible? can they just plug in an ethernet cable on the default designated LAN port and ‘plug and play’?
so far i’ve only set up 2 ewon cosy devices and in both times ive had to access its web browser

thank you

Hi,

All Talk2m services use the same account and login credentials for users (m2Web, eCatcher, eCatcher Mobile)

If you can login into one of those then you have access to the webrowser. In the case of eCatcher when you connect to the device, in the active connection window, the name becomes a hyperlink. With M2Web you select the device from the list and click on the chain link to open the page.

If the issue is when you get to the page no one knows the device login then you can try adm which is the default username and password. If that does not work the device needs to be reset since that is only saved on the device and you wont be able to change any settings without logging in.