Cannot connect TIA portal with Ewon Cosy 131

Hi I have an Ewon Cosy 131 and I am trying to connect to my Siemens PLC via TIA portal.
I am following instructions from both the documents:

1. aug-0047-00-en-configure-remote-access-for-siemens-plc-through-tia-portal
  2. aug-0070-00-en-plc-discovery-through-talk2m

For the PLC discovery feature, I managed to set the broadcasterforwarder = 1 in my EWON Cosy. However for the 2nd part, where I set the LAN devices and Firewall to High, I noticed I am unable to ping my PLC once I am connected to ECatcher. I can ping my EWON but not my PLC. When I set it back to Standard, I can ping both my EWON and my PLC.

My PLC IP address is 10.0.0.1
My Ewon Cosy IP address is 10.0.0.53

However, setting both Standard or High does not make a difference in my TIA portal. When I choose the TAP Adapter, it does not let me do anything. The error will be 'The selected interface has no network connection".

Hello,

You will need to add the LAN device in eCatcher in order to ping the device when you set the firewall to high.

I would also change the IP of the PLC to a differnet IP. 10.0.0.1 is generally used as a gateway IP and has known to have some routing issues.

Hi Kevin,

For some reason, when I tested today, I was able to connect even though I left the Devices & Firewall as Standard. Is that OK? Will that be a problem or will security be compromise?

I tried setting it to high and adding the PLC IP like you mentioned and I was able to ping the PLC, so thank you for that.

The purpose of the high setting on the firewall is to restrict access to only the devices listed in eCatcher. If there are no other units connected on the LAN, then it does not comprimise security.