Cannot execute recovery procedure: (Error-17) upgrading Flexy203

I tried to upgrade the firmware on my Flexy from 7.0s2 to 14.2s0 using the recovery tool over wired ethernet. When I use the recovery tool, it waits for me to press the reset button on the eWon. Once I do, it asks me to press and release it two more times. I do that , then, on the next steps it fails with the message

“Cannot execute recovery procedure: (Error-17)”.

There is a 10/100/1000 switch between my desktop and the eWon. I am using eBuddy to attempt the recovery. eBuddy is at the latest update. I have disabled anti-viruses currently running and ensure that our firewall has an exception for the ebuddy software.

Also, we have tried with another PC and the same problem. The serial number is: 1414-0042-21. We sold this router about 6 years ago.

Can you send me any procedure to get a successfull upgrade?

Good morning,

It sounds like you’re doing the procedure correctly, but here’s the page that goes over the reset procedure for you to reference. General Upgrade and Recovery Guide

If that’s still not working you could try and do a recovery to firmware 11 and then do incremental updates to 14.2 to see if that works.

I tried to upgrade the firmware on my Flexy from 8.02s2 to 14.2s0 using the recovery tool over wired ethernet. When I use the recovery tool, it waits for me to press the reset button on the eWon. Once I do, it asks me to press and release it two more times. I do that , then, on the next steps it fails with the message

“Security negotiation failed”.

There is a 10/100/1000 switch between my desktop and the eWon. I am using eBuddy to attempt the recovery. eBuddy is at the latest update. I have disabled anti-viruses currently running and ensure that our firewall has an exception for the ebuddy software.

Also, we have tried with another PC and the same problem. The serial number is: 1418-0066-21. We sold this router about 6 years ago.
Can you send me any procedure to get a successfull upgrade?

Hi @famaya,

Were you able to do a recovery from firmware 7.0 to 8.0?

Dear Tim:
Thanks for your support. We have dowwnloaded firmware versions 9, 10 ,11 to do incremental updates, but always the result is the same error: “Security negotiation failed”.
Is there another procedure to update the device?. Please confirm.
Best regards

Dear Tim:

Thanks for your answer. We were trying to upgrade according to the recovery guide. We downloaded firmware versions 8, 9 and 10 to our PC, to do incremental updates, but we didn´t get good results. The error was the same.

We repeated the procedure with an “old” ebuddy versión in another PC and it showed the message: “Firmware updated Ok” but now the Ethernet port is not detected for eBuddy. Also, it´s not recognized by any PC.

We installed 15 Flexy devices for a fish corporation about six years ago. Our Customer asked for upgrading these devices. We started with 4 Flexy devices: two of them have been upgraded to 14th versión without any problems, but another two have problems. Old versions are between 7.0 and 8.2.

The procedure in recovery guide is the only solution? Please confirm to inform to my Customer.

Best regards,

Fernando Amaya

Hi Fernando,

The only other thing I could think to try would be to go through and try to upgrade the device using an EBU file on an SD card or USB stick and put that into the Flexy.

If neither of those work, the only option would be to go through with an RMA, but that would require that your device was purchased within the warranty period

Best Regards,
-Tim

Dear Tim:

Thanks for your Support. The guide says SD upgrade is for firmware above V11. We have V8, but we tried also with SD card using EBU files according to your recomendation, but it was not sucessful.

Also, we tried to download a file ewonfwr.edf from a good flexy router, but it was not posible with “files transfer” and neither by FTP. Have you any URL to download these files?. I think it is our last chance.

Best regards,

Fernando Amaya

Hello,

The link for downloading these files is included in the guide I sent earlier, but I’ll include it here too

https://ewon.biz/technical-support/pages/all-downloads

Dear Tim:

My name is Fernando Amaya.

Last week we installed three Flexy205 routers for a Customer. They like to access Viewon displays we have designed for each router.

They used next link all the past week without any problems:

https://us4.m2web.talk2m.com/austral_chancay/austral_chancay_fisica/usr/viewon/index.html

This morning (in Peru) we got the message: “Device austral_chancay_fisica2 is currently unavailable”

Similar messages for all the three routers.

Is there any change in the path to Access M2web?. What is the right path?

Please answer us as son as possible to solve the problem

Best regards,

Fernando Amaya

Hi Fernando,

Could you make me a temporary user on this account and I can try and take a look at what the issue might be? I’ll hide the login information you send so that it can only be seen by hms internal. Or you could send me a direct message if you’d prefer that.

-Tim

Dear Tim:

Thanks for your answer. I prefer you hide the login information.

How can I send you a direct message with Information? Maybe a personal mail or whatsapp?. My whatsapp number is [redacted]

Best Regards,

Fernando Amaya

Hi Fernando,

you can email me at [redacted]

Hi Tim:

I sent you the information to your email a few minutes ago

image005.jpg

image002.jpg

Not sure why, but it doesn’t look like it went through. Can you try and send it to me as a direct message through hms.how?

Dear Tim:

I sent login data in your alternative mail. Please confirm if you received it. We still have the problem and our customers ask why all the three Flexy205 failed if they were working fine by M2web last week.

Best regards,

Fernando Amaya

I’m not sure why I’m not getting the emails, I’ll try and email you and see if you can reply to that one

Hi Tim:

I answered your email a few minutes ago. If you didn´t receive maybe my address is blocked in your server. Please confirm

image005.jpg

image002.jpg

Got it, sent you an email with the changes I tried. Let me know if those make a difference or if we need to look into it further

Hello Famaya!

I am having a problem in the recovery process of an eWon VPN model Cozy 131 and researching the HMS forums note that you also had the same problem as me. The following message appears at the time of recovery after the reset button: “Security negotiation failed”
Were you able to solve the problem?