Cannot get DHCP address on Flexy 201 with FLA3301

@Bsullivan
Hi Bill,

Let me know if anything changes after resetting the device. You can respond to this email or call me 312-893-5636.

Thank you,

Kyle

• He recently switched device to a new Talk2m account and since has had an issue with picking up a DHCP address on the WAN
  • It will work the first time the 3301 is connected, but then does not reconnect
  • He is trying a factory reset

Still the same, it will not accept a DHCP address.

Hi Bill,

This is very strange indeed. Can you confirm that your other eWON devices are working OK with DHCP?

The same thing is happening with both FLA3301 cards, right?

Do you know what device is serving DHCP for the network? Is it a wireless router, a Windows server, Linux server?

If we can’t resolve this quickly I think we’ll have to RMA the device, but I want to make sure that it is definitely the device itself and not something else.

Thanks,

Kyle

See below.

There was nothing below except your email signature.

Can you confirm that your other ewon devices work ok with DHCP and you are getting the same result with 2 different FLA3301 cards?

Kyle

This is very strange indeed. Can you confirm that your other eWON devices are working OK with DHCP? Yes both flexy 205 units I have work fine with DHCP

The same thing is happening with both FLA3301 cards, right? That is correct, both 3301 cards

Do you know what device is serving DHCP for the network? Is it a wireless router, a Windows server, Linux server? Comcast wireless router for my business Internet.

If we can’t resolve this quickly I think we’ll have to RMA the device, but I want to make sure that it is definitely the device itself and not something else.

Thanks,

Hi Kyle,

What do you think about my ewon issue from April?

I have another issue brewing now too. A Cosy 141 will no longer keep the time synch, it is now always 9 hours ahead – any idea?

Please send me a backup of the Cosy 141 with support files.

In regards to the issue in April, I had asked some follow up questions because I need more information.

This is in regards to a Flexy with an ethernet card not working with DHCP right? (not sure why I had written FLA3301, maybe that was a typo, but I think we were talking about the FLX3101 ethernet module)

Did you try different ethernet modules with the same result?

Do you have another flexy on the network that is using DHCP successfully?

Do you know what type of DHCP server is used?

It may be easier if we can do a Teamviewer session. Let me know if that’s possible.

Thanks,

Kyle

I can probably do team viewer but we tried that earlier with no success.

Sent on the 18th:

This is very strange indeed. Can you confirm that your other eWON devices are working OK with DHCP? Yes both flexy 205 units I have work fine with DHCP

The same thing is happening with both FLA3301 cards, right? That is correct, both 3301 cards

Do you know what device is serving DHCP for the network? Is it a wireless router, a Windows server, Linux server? Comcast wireless router for my business Internet.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (179 KB)

Bill,

The firmware on that eWON is version 11.0, so the first thing I would recommend doing is getting that updated because there have been updates to DHCP since then. Using eBuddy, you should be able to update to version 12.0, then 13.0, then 13.2s1, which is the latest.

Let me know if you have any questions about updating.

Thanks,

Kyle

You are looking at the wrong issue, I think you wanted the backup for the clock issue. The clock is 9 hours off even though it should be using NTP time sync.

The eWON that is having DHCP problems has been updated to the latest firmware.

OK, for the NTP issue, I would still recommend updating the firmware to the latest, because there have been NTP bugs fixed recently as well. I would then run the System Wizard again, to select the time zone again. If the clock is still off after that, there must be another setting in the config file that is interfering and we can take a look.

In regards to the DHCP issue, it may be best to schedule a teamviewer. Alternatively, if you are familiar with Wireshark and can get me a packet capture of the DHCP requests/responses from the network, that would be helpful. It’s a very unusual issue for a FLA3301 Serial card to be interfering with DHCP. If you want to let me know what time you are available today or tomorrow I will schedule a call.

Thanks,

Kyle

I will be in my office tomorrow.

Thanks

Ok, Please shoot me an email with a time you are available or call in to 312-893-5636 between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Eastern.

Kyle

I now have 3 open issues!

Are you seeing reports of issues with the M2web wesite? I have a customer that can no longer use that website and I just tried it and it comes up as a blank screen. Solution?

In regards to the DHCP issue, I asked you to call or email me last week with a time when we can do a Teamviewer and I haven’t heard back.

In regards to the NTP issue. I recommended updating the firmware. Have you done that?

I’m able to reach the M2Web site. Try another browser and let me know if that works or not.

scc2

Phone: 412.894.3880

Cell: 412.849.3388

www.SteelCityControls.com

Topic closed due to inactivity.