Cannot poll data from Siemens S7 1212

Hi Team,

I have Siemens PLC S7-1212. I set up EWON and everything is working. I can ping my PLC through Ecatcher. The problem is that I cannot poll data from it.
STATUS Tag is always equals 2.

Is it something to check in the PLC (I saw documents about configuring PLC for remote access) ?

I noticed that new firmware (13.3) offers new configuration page when configuring S7300&400 I/OServer :

I still have one Ewon running with previous firmware and there are not all these parameters :

These new parameters make me confused because I don’t know what to put in MPI nodes because I want to use ISOTCP, so IP adresse.

Thank you

Hi Franck,

In the link below they go over reading data from Siemens devices with either Ethernet or MPI in some PDFs. Can you take a look at these documents and let me know if you’re still having problems?

https://www.ewon.biz/technical-support/pages/data-acquisition/siemens-vipa?ordercode=FLEXY20100_00MA

Hi Franck,

That section is not new to firmware 13.3s0. It will only appear when you are either using a flexy with a built in MPI port such as the 201 or if you are using the Flexy MPI extension card in the device which is FLC 3701.

Hi Zac, Tim,

Thank you for your support, and sorry about misunderstanding of MPI.

I did some tests with supplier and my issue was related to PLC. I need to tell the PLC to allow devices to access its memory. I don’t remeber how it is on S7-300 and s7-400 PLC, but with 1200 and 1500 there is one parameter to set.

(sorry for french).

As soon as I activated this parameter, data acquisition worked.

Franck

3 Likes

Hi Franck,

Glad to hear that you got this up and running!