CANOpen Gateway with S7-1500

Hello
I am trying to communicate a Siemens S7-1500 PLC with 4 CANopen devices through the AB7307 gateway.
It seems that everything ist OK (all LEDS are green and the OPERATIONAL state ist enabled) and I can see the status of the four devices in the PLC. But when I try to send the commands to the devices nothing happens.
The configuration ist the following:

Any idea what ist happening?

Hello,

Looking at just the mapping I don’t see any reason for this to not work. To be sure you are writing data to the Transmit word memory location from the PLC. If you take a Log you should be able to look if any message was transmitted with the data.

You can also reach your local support team at mysupport.hms.se, they should be able to get you faster responses.

Deryck

Hello Deryck
Thaks for the response.

The data is written correctly to the Transmit word memory as you can see in the next picture:

but then it is not transmitted to the corresponding word in the device:

Do you see that CAN ID in the log?

Deryck

Yes, I can see them in the lines 1, 3, 5, 6,…

Hello
Any idea about why is not possible to send the commands to the devices?
How can I do a factory reset for the module?

The log is only showing received messages so it looks like the gateway is never the message to the device. Since it is only a short screen shot it could easily have been missed. You might also have something configured that is stopping the transmit messages.

I attach the log. Where should I look for whatever is stopping the transmit messages?
Line Listener Data - 200609 170305.txt (861,1 KB)

Hi @Astecontrol,

It is hard to say exactly what is going on here. We would need more data to tell what is going on. (configuration and eds files) Looking more into the log it looks like the node 1 is sending the data. but we are not seeing any transmissions from node 14.

Is the x-Gateway set as the master? It is odd to see a control word for the slave, perhaps this serves another purpose?

Can you send me your configuration and EDS files?

Discussing this further with my colleague this morning we noticed you are configuring 4 words/8bytes for the cobID. Looking at the log you shared we only see 4 bytes being sent.

Are you sure the configuration is downloaded ? Whatever is causing only 4 bytes to be sent might be the reason you are not seeing data on the slave.

Deryck

Thanks for the information; when I download the configuration there are no errors but, next time I will make sure.
Anyway I asked to the manufacturer of the devices to confirm the maximun data that can be transmitted.

Finally I’ve been able to send the commands to the devices; it was a problem with the maximun data that the device could manage.
Thanks for the help.

1 Like