Can't connect to Flexy

I have a Flexy 201 that has been in the field for 3 years. It has historical logging data that I want to download. However, I cannot connect to the eWon through either eCatcher or eBuddy. It is running firmware 11.0.

The eWon powers up fine. No issues with the status lights. When I connect a cable to the LAN, the appropriate LAN light comes on. When I run an arp-a command while connected to the LAN, the eWon responds with “(10.29.102.1) at (incomplete) on en3 ifscope [ethernet]”. The address (10.29.102.1) is the correct configured address. Buddy when I launch eBuddy whil connected to the LAN, the unit does not appear in the list no matter how many times I hit refresh.

When I connect a cable to the WAN, the WAN activity light comes on. However, when I run eCatcher, the eWon does not show up as connected to the cloud no matter how long I leave it connected.

I could be wrong but I am assuming that the hardware is ok since the unit powers up ok and maybe it is a software or setting corruption issue.

So, I am looking for any suggestions to retrieve the historical logging data. For example, if I try to reinstall the comcfg.txt file through an SD Card, will it delete the historical data or retain it? Likewise if I try to restore or upgrade the firmware with a .ebu file will it retain the historical data?

Any advice is appreciated.
Joe

I’m not sure there is much you can do to get that data back if this device is not responding. You can try to update the comcfg.txt file. This won’t overwrite the historical data. But it sounds like the device may need a factory reset or recovery, both of which will wipe all the data.

Thanks Kyle. I don’t know if it will help at all, but if I do a firmware restore/upgrade with an .ebu file, will that wipe the historical data?
Just willing to try anything

I think that would essentially be a recovery, so you would lose the data. You could try a level 1 reset, but you need to be careful to release the button as soon as the USR LED starts blinking or you will end up doing a level 2 and erase the data.

Will do.

Joe