Can't Connect Using Cellular Modem

I have an eWON in the field that I am trying to configure to connect using a cellular modem. I have installed the modem and SIM card from AT&T. When I run the Internet Connection wizard it fails the internet connectivity test. The modem card is getting a signal and showing signal bar/lights on the front of the card.

I am attaching a screenshotof the event log when I get the failure.

Hi,

Please update your device to the latest firmware (13.2) using eBuddy and try again. Make sure to enter the APN provided by your mobile carrier. The SIM cards typically do not have a Pin or Password unless your carrier has explicitly informed you that there is one.

Thank you,
Kyle

Unfortunately I cannot update the firmware at this time, this unit is in the field and the customer will not do the update. However the firmware is not causing the problem, I have other units in the field with an AT&T cellular modem and Firmware version 11.2 and they work with no problems.

When I run the modem config wizard I get one green check and one red, the Online IP Check.

I am attaching a back up file with support files.

Ok, I was able to pull in one of the devices having the issue (there are 3), and I have updated the Firmware to 13.2 and I am still having the same problem. I am using an AT&T SIM with the modem, which is recognized by the device and has a good signal. It will not pass the connection test, I get a green check on the WAN but will not pass the IP check.
Please help!

I did not get an attachment.

Here you go.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (1.0 MB)

Has this device with this SIM card been online before?

The modem is trying to connect to ATT and they are not allowing. Are you sure the SIM card is activated?

Yes the unit has been online with ethernet but not modem. I now have a new problem. The modem will not initialize at all. I thought it may be a bad modem card, FLB3202, so I tried a new one, this did not work either. I tried a new Flexy base unit and this did not work either. No matter what I do I cannot get the modem card to initialize and turn on. I get amber lights on the modem during boot up and then nothing else. I have tried 3 differen cards with three different bases and they all do the same thing. I run the wizard and it says the modem is not initialized, and then tries a soft reboot, but it never finishes.

I am attaching a log file with support files. I have to be able to get the modem working. Please HELP!MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (874 KB)

Hi,

I would suggest doing a factory restore of the device at this point. Make sure to make a backup with eBuddy, and then hold the reset button down for at least 35 seconds as the device is powered on. Don’t release the button until the USR LED flashed RED a few times and then turns solid RED. Power cycle the unit and try the Wizard again.

Kyle

Topic closed due to inactivity.