Can't recognize Flexy 205 when FLB 3271 Connected

Hi,

I’m trying to run a test to connect eWon Flexy 205 WIFI based.

I have eWon Flexy 205 and FLB 3271.
I connected the FLB 3271 to the eWon and the eWon with RJ45 to my computer, but I can’t find the eWon using eBuddy.

I tried to disconnect the FLB 3271 from the eWon, and rebooted the eWon. Then, I do find the eWon using eBuddy.

When I plug the FLB 3271 again, I get the same issue when the eWon is not reachable.

What can cause the problem?

Thanks,

Yair

Is the device still booting with the card inserted, USR flashing green? Have you tried reaching the LAN IP in the browser still even if it is now showing up in ebuddy?

Hi,

Sorry for late answer. I tried to use now with flext 202 and it works fine.
But I have different questions - I configure the eWon to connect to specific network.

For example:
Network name: Check
Password: 12345678

I configure my phone to be the hotspot of this network and it works fine.
Then I take different phone and do the same but the eWon doesn’t connect.

How can I configure the eWon to connect to the same network, but to use different devices?

Hello Yair,
There are many things going on when you use different access points sharing the same SSID. What you are trying to do is what we call ESS transition and there are multiple factors that could be preventing the Ewon to associate with a different AP (cellphone hotspot) even with having the same basic settings such as SSID and password.

If the Flexy connects to the second phone after cycling power to the Ewon the issue could be related to roaming from one subnet to another. One phone may be working on a specific subnet and the other one in a different one which is very common. In this case the client device might need to obtain a valid IP address for the new subnet. The Ewon can make use of DHCP to obtain the IP address, but this is not always effective when supporting mobility. DHCP is not designed to renew addresses when crossing subnet boundaries.

If you require further troubleshooting of this issue please create a support ticket using the following link:

https://support.hms-networks.com/hc/

Hi,

Thanks for you detailed answer.

In general, is it possible to do what I’m trying to get with eWon?

Hi Yair,
Yes, it is possible.