Certificate error and no talk2m connection

I had a working talk2m connection on a ewon cosy 131 and now it has disappeared. I have noticed there is no date or time in the system settings and it wont let me change one. when I try and do a new talk2m validation I get the following error, certificate verification error, format error in certificates notBefore field. this is a remote unit in the field so may be hard to do a firmware update

Hi @tdwsn,

When you say “a new talk2m validation” are you referring to the Talk2m Wizard?

It does sound like it may need a firmware update. Do you know what the current firmware is? Can you take a backup of the device using eBuddy?

Kyle

Hi

If i update the firmware will

I loose the internet connection

It depends on what firmware version you are on. If you are on 11.0 or newer, you c an update without losing any settings, however, you will need to update to each major release first. For example 11.0 -> 12.0 then 12.0 -> 13.0 then 13.0 -> 13.3.

Do you know which firmware you’re currently on?

Hi

Firmware version is 11.2s2

thanks

Yes, you can update the device remotely using eBuddy. You would update from 11.2 -> 12.0 then 12.0 -> 13.0 then 13.0 -> 13.3.

There is always a risk when updating firmware remotely that something could go wrong (like a power outage or another issue) which could knock the device offline, but normally these will complete without issue.

Also, make sure you are using the latest version of eCatcher and eBuddy.

Download page

Hi.

The only way I can access the ewon is through a remote computer ( connected to ewon vis Ethernet cable ) which uses the ewons internet

I cannot access the ewon from ecatcher

I log into the remote computer using team viewer or RDP and then get online to the ewon vis a web browser or ebuddy

The remote computers internet access come via the ewon which I have enabled to pass the internet through by adjusting the CON settings.

When I update the ewons firmware will it change the COM settings or stop passing internet access to the remote computer

thanks

The update will not change any of the eWON’s settings, so you should not lose the internet connection. However, in this specific case there is less room for error than in a normal remote upgrade. You should be prepared for the possibility that by chance something goes wrong and you lose the connection.

Topic closed due to inactivity.