Change Device name on ABS ENT 10/100

@anonguyhqktj
Hi Wei,

The configuration file that stores the device name is ethcfg.cfg and can be accessed using FTP, HTTP, Telnet, or directly via the mailbox interface. Please see: https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/manuals-design-guides/hms-scm-1200-008.pdf?sfvrsn=2e37aed6_12

For the Compactcom, have you tried using the GSD Generator Tool here: https://www.anybus.com/support/file-doc-downloads/compactcom-40-series-specific/?ordercode=AB6605

Kyle

Hi Kyle

When I use STEP7 and TIA Portal to get on profinet network.

None of them find this card, so that I can not change Device name. But strange thing is, except I can not find this card, this card is working well, I can control our machine very well via this card.

I just can not find the device name and I can not change device name.

That is the exactly thing happens on customer as well.

Please help.

Wei

Hi Kyle

This is the ethcfg.cfg file in my Profinet card.

As you can see, there is no place holder for Device name which is critical for Profinet. I come with default device name : abs-prt

I really need to be able to change this name.

Please advise.

Wei

Sorry, Kyle

Pls disregard the previous emails.

It works, nothing wrong the your gsd file which I first doubt about. The reason is , I use virtual machine running step7 and TIA, but to see the Device name, it has to go throught Profinet format packet, which will not pass via NAT.

Once I set to Bridge, it works.

Sorry about all the emails and thank you so much for your support.

Wei

Also, I can see it via IP-Config tool. But I just can not see it on Step7 or TIA Portal.

Wei

No problem and I wish I could have helped you more, but we are a little behind in tickets this afternoon.

Do you think that not seeing in Step7 or TIA is due to your network configuration not forwarding broadcast packets over bridge?

Kyle

Exactly. To pass profinet broadcast packet, NAT will not work. Only Bridge works.

Wei