Change Talk2M Server in a Different Country

I have a customer that is in Wisconsin who set-up and tested his Cosy in Wisconsin and then shipped the unit to Brazil for installation on a machine. He currently is having a bandwidth issue (slow communications) on this unit. There are no issue with similar applications in other locations in the U.S. I’ve been told that a eWon when set-up in WI will connect to the Talk2M server in Chicago. When it get’s to Brazil, it still tries to communicate to this same server in Illinois. The best situation for bandwidth would be for it the Cosy to connect with the Talk2M server in Brazil. How do I get this Cosy to connect to the Talk2M server in Brazil (without sending a service tech to Brazil for reconfiguration)?

If this is not true, can to confirm that this is not the case and we will look at other solutions.

@BButler

The VPN server location for your device is based on where your eCatcher account was created (does not apply to device’s in China). The VPN server for your account may be in the Chicago location but it could also be in other states depending on the location of the person at the time of the eCatcher account creation.

We do not have any VPN servers in South America but we do have a VPN server in Texas which would be the closest location.

A list of our VPN servers:

Typically a VPN server that is located halfway between the client and the eWON device would be ideal.

Users are not able to change the VPN server location for their eCatcher account, however we can change it on our end for the specific device or for the entire eCatcher account if needed. We just need the serial number of the device.

A post was split to a new topic: Changing Talk2M Server