Change to value of 60001 address in ewon modbus

Hello
I have a problem with tag’s modbus
I create a tag with the address 60001 when I finish to configurated it set the value in 65535 not in 0
I maked a basic script with the funtion SETIO to set it to 0 but it don’t work
How can I do it?
image attachments

C2

Hi Carlos,
I have a few questions,

• Is this Modbus TCP or Modbus RTU?

• Are you local to this device or is this remote?

• Can you try and write to this device using a 3rd party Modbus scanner like the one below and does it seem to respond?

Modbus CAS Scanner

• Is there anything else that might be writing the value back to 65535 immediately after you try to write to it with the Ewon device?

-Tim

Hello Tim
I going to ask your question

• Is this Modbus TCP or Modbus RTU?

We use ModBus RTU

• Are you local to this device or is this remote?

We are testing it to local and in plant it will be being at local too

• Can you try and write to this device using a 3rd party Modbus scanner like the one below and does it seem to respond?

I use Modbus slave to witte software, I going to try with the program which you provide me. Twice it could write but I used the function 4 not 6 and I couldn’t read and write at the same time

• Is there anything else that might be writing the value back to 65535 immediately after you try to write to it with the Ewon device?

I dont know, that is possiblitty the software which I use

Thanks for all

When you tried reading and writing to the modbus device using the 3rd party software, did you connect directly to the modbus device and make sure all of the serial settings match?

Hi Tim
I used this software and I don’t work

Are you able to read from this software and just not write? Or is none of this working?

I can not read or write

Can you enable the serial debug here and then try to write to the value again?

Once that’s done can you take a backup of the device with support files included so that we can see what the modbus device is sending back?

Hi Carlos,

Were you able to try the steps above yet?

-Tim

HI tim

I haven’t yet been able to test it
when I try it I will let you know how it goes

Best regards

Ok let me know what you find out

Hi Carlos,

I’m going to mark this solved for now, but I’ll reopen it when you reply.

Best Regards,
-Tim

Hi Tim
I tested it but It dont work
I configurated the debug too
Send you the backup

Thanks for all

I’m not seeing too much info in these, Could you make me a temporary user on your eCatcher account so that I can take a look at this device and could you also send me a manual of this Modbus device for me to reference?

HI
How do I make a a temporary user??

the test device which I use , it is DSD TECH 3-IN-1 USB and the software is modbus slave

regards

I just meant to make us a user in eCatcher that you can delete later if you’d like.

I want to check if that Modbus register allows it to be read as well written to. Do you have access to a manual for that device?