Check Datamailbox

I have a customer whos device is online but I don’t believe is syncing with the Datamailbox and wanted to double check. I tried to use the LittleHistorian application and it closes itself after a few seconds. We are able to get updates via the M2web server but not the mailbox. I can provide credentials in a private message if you can double check for me? Thank you. Wes

Hi Wes,
If you got to the BASIC IDE and type dmsync int he console are you getting any errors or messages in the event log?

Yes we did get errors. Unable to resolve host name DNS error. They have a static IP on the WAN side. Didn’t have any DNS addresses entered so I had them add those but no change. I am leaning toward them making a change to their security but the odd thing is that it is connected and online.

image001.png

If your able to connect to the VPN but not ewondata I would check to see if they whitelisted *.talk2m.com or if they only did individual VPN servers that we have. I would also just make sure that historical data did not somehow get unchecked in the data management section.