Cheshire Controls AB7650

Haha glad to hear we could get this working

At least this one is working!! Any word yet about the firmware for the other unit??

I am glad I was not out onsite with this problem!!!

Brian Snyder

President

Hi Brian,

We’re going to suggest doing an RMA on this device. You can use the ticket number 29457 as a reference

Tim,

That would be great. I really thought this was going to be a ½ hour job. I have updated about 1000 other systems over the years. I was very surprised with this.

And I want YOU to know I am not blaming you. You have given excellent support. Also to Kyle. (not sure how he got out of this!?!?!? J)

Just let me know.

Brian Snyder

President

Tim,

Just for you info. I also have a AB7649 here. The Allen Bradley Ethernet/IP one. I tried to hook it up and see the firmware using the Firmware Manager II software. It did not see anything. Just like the AB7650. Does that program even work?? Have you seen it work???

Thanks

Brian Snyder

President

Hi Brian,

Sorry about all the problems with this, we just haven’t seen this issue before and were having trouble trying to replicate the issue on our end

In my experience the Firmware Manager II is for specific devices like the CompactCom devices and some Anybus-S boards. It’s not very common for a gateway device to need to go through the Firmware Manager II and we generally try to avoid this if possible

Ah ok. It looked like it was for the x-gateway.

How is that RMA coming. Or the shipment of a replacement and then I can use your box to return this one.

Brian Snyder

President

Hi Brian,

Sorry, I won’t have any access to information about RMAs but you could call customer service at 312-829-0601 and they should be able to give you some information.

Did you put the RMA into the system?? I really do not know what to ask them?

Brian Snyder

Hi Brian,

Sorry about that, I posted a link that showed the RMA process, but maybe I should’ve been a little more clear. Here’s the link that fully describes the process:

Basically you’ll just need to contact your distributor and give them the reference number 29457. Or if you are the distributor there’s a link to submit for an RMA.

If you have questions or need support accessing the portal please contact returns@hms.se or call customer service at +1-312-829-0601 .

Tim,

I am having a bit of trouble because the distributor that sold me this AB7650 is not the distributor that sells them now. I am still trying to get them to do it.

This is changing into too much of a project!!!

I also saw that the case for this has closed. I would NOT consider this issue closed.

Brian Snyder

Hi Brian,

Sorry about that, I think I closed it 9 days ago because I hadn’t heard from you since I mentioned the RMA for a few days and thought it was resolved. I removed the closed ticket mark, but I think it must’ve still sent out the message.

Can you tell us which distributor you were using and we can get the Area Sales Manager involved to speed this process up