CM CANOpen 021620-B, TIA Portal 15.1 No hardware identificator

I have a problem with hardware configuration in TIA Portal 15
In TIA Portal 14 the module gets a hardware idenitificator

In TIA Portal 15.1 the module doesn’t have a hardware idenitificator

1. How do I get the hardware identification in TIA Portal 15.
  2. Is there global library for TIA Portal 16?

Hi @Poduzov,

The hardware identifier is provided by the device configuration of CM CANopen:

I suggest using the name: “Local~CM_CANopen_1” as a global system constant that is automatically created by TIA Portal .

Also, reduce the CAN baudrate to 250kBaud because the CM CANopen can lose received CAN frames when the CAN baudrate is 500 kBaud or higher.

Here is a transparent CAN demo (TIA V13) that can be imported in the newest TIA versions.
This demo is based on a revised library that has solved some bugs (e.g.: the data type of the hardware identifier) and that has improved performance.
Note that the FBs use an interface that is different from the description in the manual.

Make sure to read the description of the transparent CAN demo before starting.

Transparent CAN Demo.zip (6.1 MB)

CM CANopen Function Blocks V13 Ver. 2.0.0.zip (1.2 MB)

Hi, Kyle

Thank you for your reply.

I’m trying to implement a custom CAN protocol which uses 4 bytes CAN ID. Is it possible to do it?

https://geotab.github.io/sdk/hardware/addon-protocols/can/

CAN IDPermalink

The CAN ID will be an extended frame message (29-bit) and will be broken down into 4 bytes with the most significant byte (MSB) (byte 1) containing 5 bits to make up the 29-bit ID header. A breakdown of the CAN ID is shown below:

Byte
Description
Value
Byte 1
MSB, 5 bits
Byte 2 and 3
Geotab’s Parameter Group Number (PGN)
0x0FDB
Byte 4
Message Type

Yes, the CM CANOpen supports 29-bit CAN IDs. I’m not sure if that is exactly what you are asking though.

Kyle, this is what I noticed in Transparent CAN demo for the CM Module you sent

Restrictions

The CM CANopen supports
CAN 2.0A (11 bit CAN identifier)
but it does not support CAN 2.0B
(29 bit CAN identifier).

Oh I’m sorry… it’s been a very busy day. You are right. It doesn’t support CAN 2.0B and 29-bit IDs.