CM Canopen - Transparent can, sending Initialization command

Hi,

I have a CM Canopen 02162-B Version 1.0 connected to a CPU 1214C DC/DC/DC Siemens PLC.
It is setup as Node 1, Transparent CAN @ 500 Kbaud.
I’m using the “CM Modul transparent CAn demo TIA V13” project.
I can send and receive can messages ok.
I have an issue that the can message ID 000 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 is being sent on the bus by the PLC.
This is causing another device Seneca ZC-4RTD to stop braodcasting, if i stop the PLC from sending the message and restart the ZC-4RTD with ID 000 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 all is ok.
Where in this project id the can message ID 000 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 sent?
And how can i fix this bug?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @d.logan,

the CM CAnopen can loose CAN frames received from the CAN / CANopen network if the CAN baudrate is 500kBaud or higher

please reduce the CAN baudrate to 250kBaud

Can you provide the TIA project to analyse the reason of the faulty transmission of CAN frames:

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for that information.

The siemens interface shows that 500Kb can be used, we need this device to be able to use any of defined can baud rates, are their any other limitations we should be aware of?

Find attached the project.

I added (after the initial problem) a function to allow sending ID 000 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to try and initialise the ZC-4rtd, but without success.

Thanks in advance.

CM Modul transparent CAN demo TIA V13.zip (6.4 MB)

Hi @d.logan,

My colleague, Christian from the IXXAT team, has reviewed the project and found the issue. He will be contacting you directly today to go over it and any other questions you have about the device.

Thanks,

Kyle

can you share how the problem is solved here I faced the same problem. I’m looking for a way out.

There may be a newer version of the Demo with a revised library if you want to check which you are using: