Communication issue with Anybus Compact com 40 Modbus-Tcp Module

Hello

I want to implement the host software in a LPC 1769 micro system. I am using serial communication (UART ) interface to communicate with ABCC40 modbus-tcp module. As Per software design guide(ABCC40) i should wait for response from Module.But not receive any response from module.
Is there anyone who help me to solve this issue ?

Thanks,
Vishal

Hello Vishal,

The first thing I think you should check is that you have properly implemented the required functionality listed in the following implementation guide.

When troubleshooting a problem like this it is imperative that you make sure that to begin with your code is set up correctly.

Best regards,
Nick

hi ,

Also want to inform about LED status on module,
After power on both led’s on module blink alternately with sequence MS green ,MS red ,NS green ,NS red. and at last MS LED continuously on Green.

Thanks & Regards,
Vishal

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply .

As per software design guide in which i found these 2 notes
1 )The host application must wait at least 1.5s after reset before it sends its first telegram

2 )The Status Register shall be regarded as cleared at startup; this means that the first telegram
must not contain any message data since the STAT_T-bit is considered to be set to 0 (zero).

So according to above notes i must receive first telegram from module after reset, which i am not getting.

To observe first telegram from module I have enabled UART receive interrupt in my code.
I am observing above data in debugging mode(Keil 5) in which i have put break point in RX ISR .

I have done connection as per Hardware design guide (HMSI-216-126 2.3).except I have not connected module detection pins.

So is there any other connections i have to add which are not mentioned in Hardware design guide (HMSI-216-126 2.3 )

Thnaks & Regards ,
Vishal

Vishal,

At this point I think it would be better for you to contact your local support team. This is due to the complexity of embedded integration and the time zone difference in where we work. You can create a ticket here,

https://www.anybus.com/support/contact-support

I think my suggestion would be to make sure that your RESET line is set up correctly, if there is a problem with this it likely won’t respond.

Best regards,
NIck

I have already created ticket but not received any response .

About reset, I have connected external push button for resetting module & when I press it module led’s goes off after release both leds blinks in sequence and at last MS led is continuously on

Hello,

Can you please whisper me your ticket number?

Best regards,
Nick

Issue ID: 1817-26460

Thanks & Regards,
Vishal

Hello,

I have asked that your ticket be addressed from my colleagues in your area. In the mean time, do you have some way of monitoring the UART traffic, using a logic analyzer or something?

Best regards,
Nick

Hi,
I have to check for how I can monitor UART operation.

I just want to share one thing which I observe today .I found VSS, TX and RX short . So I have doubt that the module got damaged.

Hi ,

Can you tell me how should i conform that the module is working or not ??

Thanks & Regards,
Vishal

Hii Nick,

Thanks for support , I got call from HMS Pune (India ).

If required any support from you i will drop you message.

Regards,
Vishal

Hello,

It will be best to work with this contact for this case, thanks!

Nick

Hi nick,

As per your suggestion i got support from HMS_Pune person .
I found following things,
1)Modules RX & TX pins got damaged due to seperate Gnd used for module & host controller
2)So i changed ckt to have common Gnd connection.and as HMS person i use Generic sample code with existing contoller(LPC1769) code .

3)We order new module and test code but still not getting any response from module.

1. I try to contact HMS_pune person(Moses) but don’t receive any response. Are you able to help me to sort this out.

5)I just want to know that what is the 1st instruction that host should send to module, As in debugging mode(Keil ) i am stuck at "APPL_WAITCOM "State in “abcc_handller.c” .

Hello,

For this it is really a good idea to work with your local contact, I will send Moses an email. Thanks!

Best regards,
Nick

Hi Nick,
Thanks for help during implimentation of modbus TCP .

Currently I am working on profibus module AB6600-C (DPV1).
I have HMS Option Card with STM32 Eval board refereed by HMS
I am using Sample code provided by hms for keil .

Can you tell me how i can change Node Address in example code(Keil ) provided by hms.