Communication issue with Ethernet/IP Scanner module to Application Software

We were using HMS- AB5057 Ethernet\IP Scanner module. We have made the initialization of the module via mail commands(including Scanlist configuration). And at the moment for testing we are using X-Gateway from Anybus as well.

The module got initialised successfully and based on the state of LEDs seems everything OK. But we have observed that the data is arriving to the master module but it is not exchanged with the application the same is valid for the data from application to the module. I am not sure at the moment how to fix this issue any leads that can help me further…?

Setup: X-GateWay Anybus EthernetIP Adapter(instances 100,150) → Anybus EthernetIP Scanner(instances 101,102)

Hi,

could you provide some more details, please?

• Which mailbox commands were used?
  • In which order?
  • How did the command look (header data + data field)?
  • How did the responses look like (header + data field)?
  • Did you check the Scanlist configuration on the configuration web page of the EtherNet/IP Scanner?
  • At which memory offsets are you looking for the data?

Best regards

Dominik

Thanks for the response Dominik_hms.

I have found the issue. I see this issue only occurs in case of debugging and in the production it just works fine. During the debugging, I use couple of breakpoints that might effect the status regs and any command that I send to the module doesn’t send any response. The power reset actually helps in debug mode for the initialisation but not the data transfer. I guess I can live with this behavior.

Hi,

thanks for the feedback. I’ll close this case, then.

Best regards

Dominik