Communication problem between the motherboard and the HMS module

I have a problem with the Anybus CompactCom M40 Profinet and Ethernet / Ip with my cy8c5868lti-lp039 as host using SPI communication, our system is connected to a PLC which sends commands, the problem that I find that at certain times our system stops communicating, while the HMS card still communicates with the PLC but on the motherboard side all that is internal communication is no longer established I wanted to know where the problem could come from?

Dear Amir,

Do you mean that even when the communication between the module and your host controller stopped, the communication still running between the PLC and the module? is that correct?
Which firmware version has the module you are using?
Can you identify the reason why the SPI communication stops?

Best regards
TareQ

Yes that’s it, the system we manufacture is a MASSFLOW which measures the mass flow of a gas and regulates it according to the instruction given by the user, then the system communicates with PLC using Anybus CompactCom M40 Profinet or Ethernet / Ip, the problem that we find is that, in the company all works well the communication between the PLC and the motherboard is established, but at the customer, they break out so at certain moment the communication between the MassFLOW and the PLC stop, but the PLC continues to communicate with the HMS card but on the Hms card side and the motherboard communication is no longer established

Capture d’écran 2021-07-02 133812

i don’t know it yet, I tried to analyze the spi traffic but I don’t have access to the pins (MOSI,MISO…) of the microcontroller or the hms card

Hi Amir,

This is the driver version but we need the firmware version of the Ethernet/IP and Profinet stack…
This information are not enough to analyze the problem. You need to go a little bit deeper to the system and check what is going on your device? Can one have messaging log to see the messages exchange between the host and the module? What is going on with the PLC? What are the errors and what can we see in the diagnostic of the PLC?
Any way As I have seen in another case from you that you already have opened a case in our system tool. From there the handling of this type of issue will be easier.

Best regards
TareQ

I don’t know if we can have a messaging log between the module and the uC. I know the HMS module has functions to print messages for debugging. On the other hand, it is necessary to have a comm port available to be able to transmit these messages.

The error that displays the controller is I / O access error. Like what he can no longer access the data of the MFC.

regarding the firmware version of the Ethernet / IP and Profinet stack I don’t know where I can find it ?

Hi Amir,

The firmware version could be found for example on the web server of the module or on the bottom side of the module.
But have you got help from my colleagues in the case you already have opened in our system tool?

Best regards
TareQ