Communication with Mitsubishi CNC

Hello,
I have a machine which has a system with a Mitsubishi PLC, an HMI and a CNC module. All units are connected to a Cosy 131. I can communicate with both the HMI and the PLC with no problem. I can ping the CNC but a CNC monitor program does not communicate. There is no problems with the same program runnning on a PC directly connected to the Cosy. I tried the same setup at a different company and I had no problems with the CNC. Can it be a company network causing the problem? Any ideas?
Thank you.

Hello,

Is it the software running remotely that is having issues finding the CNC device? Do you specify the IP address for the CNC in the software? You might be running into an issue with broadcast messages not being sent over the VPN tunnel. If this is the case we have the option to enable PLC discovery that will send broadcast messages though ecatcher. Try setting this up on your Cosy and in eCatcher and see if you can get your software to work. https://websupport.ewon.biz/sites/default/files/aug-070-0-en-plc_discovery_through_talk2m.pdf

Thanks Deryck,

The remote s/w has the correct IP address. I will try your advice next week.

Regards,

Eugene

Hi Deryck,

I guess I need to ask the customer to send the Cosy back to me to enable the setting. I used a Cosy 131 for an exactly same machine, which is not available to me anymore, and had no problem with communication with the CNC module.

Thanks

Hello @Eugene_Burtin,

Just to confirm the making those settings changes allowed you to connect to the CNC? You can make the changes remotely then reboot for them to take effect.

Deryck

Thanks Deryck,
I can check only next week.

Hi Deryck,
Setting the BroadcastForwarder to 1 did not help.

Hello Eugene,

What is the gateway set to on the CNC? Try setting the ewons LAN IP as the gateway address.

Deryck

The gateway is 0.0.0.0

Hi Deryck,

The problem has been solved. I had to open a customer’s router settings and create a new rule for a port forwarding. I set a CNC IP address and a port number. Everything is good now.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Eugene