Communication with webservices SQL

Hi there,

Is it possible for a Flexy to send data or get data from a web based SQL server. They are using a MRP (vantage) system.

They would like to enter a order number in their HMI and this would be linked with infos like qty to produce, product number, etc.

Is it possible?

Is there any documentation available to consult?

Thanking you in advance!

Best Regards,

@Jcadorette

We cannot directly insert in the MySql db as there needs to be an interface for us to send the data. Do they have a way to insert the data after parsing the form? Perhaps it would work to set up the Data Mailbox and then you could write a custom tool to read and insert the data.

Alternatively you could use eSync and set up a copy between the eSync DB and your other DB.

So, can we do it? Sure if there is a way to insert the data.

Hi Jordan,

Not sure to understand what you said…

Do you have any documentation that I can read about?

Thanks,

@Jcadorette

The challege with providing direct documentation here is I do not understand how you would like to get the data. I understand you would like it to be imported into the MRP (vantage) system however I need to better understand how you would like to get the data.

Can this system take a POST from the eWON? Can it manually parse data files? That is the key part that I need answered.

Hi Jordan,

Basically it would connect to the Database and get some info.

I don’t need to keep the DB informed about the status of the ewon.

So customer would enter a job number that is sent to the SQL database and it sends back how much units it needs to be produced and some other elements for the operator to know exactly what he has to do.

CAn we access the DB and get what we are looking for. Do we need to script that file parsing?

Is it more clear?

Thx

@Jcadorette

So if I understand correctly, you would like the Flexy to actually reach out to a DB and retrieve a value? Am I understanding this correctly?

Right,

Example: customer enter job number 123456 on it’s hmi connected to flexy. Flexy reaches database with 123456 job number and send back info about this job.

so 123456 is to made ABC product for a qty of 10k units.

Is it more clear?

@Jcadorette

Much more clear, thank you.

So is this possible? Yes, but with a bit of additional work. We would need some sort of interface on the server that would actually interface with the DB. That part comes down to development on the server. Does the server have a way the eWON could submit a job number and the server would return the value? An api? Anything like that? The eWON can do it but would need a way to request it.

@Jcadorette

I have not heard back on this thread in quite a while. I wanted to take a moment to follow-up. Please advise if this is still an issue or if you found a solution.

Hi @jseanor,

We found another solution for this project.

Thanks for follow-up.

Best Regards,

1 Like

Hello, I have the same need, could you help me?

Hi @Fabiano_Barros

Do you know if your server is able to receive a job number and return a value like Jordan was mentioning above?

-Tim

Hello, can you share me how did you solve it?

Hello,

As the user you are replying to may not respond. If you are having issues with SQL communication.

I would advise that you create a new topic describing your issue, or submite a new case at https://mysupport.hms.se/en-US/