Communicator not consuming correct data 3/8

@anonufgvmzte
Hi Ed,

You can reach back out to me though this topic or give us a call back.

Deryck

Deryck,

I made some changes to the timing, and I was able to get more bits into the log file. I am still not getting all the bits. Attached is are 2 log files (the one you saved on my desktop and the one I created later with more time the message delimiter).

Ed

Ed Jaegler

log.txt (1.34 KB)

log1.txt (7.27 KB)

Hi Ed,

The delimiter is not going to have any effect on serial data/log, it effects the timing for when a message is considered complete. I am still wondering if you are having issues with the serial side since the log data does not match the data you are expecting. Do you have any way to confirm the data coming from the device matches what you see in the log?

Deryck

Deryck,

I have the device connected to a different computer, and the data is coming through correctly. I am in the process of ordering another unit to do more testing at my station. I should have the device next week, but I will not be in the office (I am at a different site for the week).

Thanks,

Ed

Ed Jaegler

Hi Ed,

I am not sure i follow, was the issue with the PC?

Deryck

Deryck,

No, the issue was not with the PC. I have 2 B&B VESP211-232 device (Advantech) devices. One of the devices is a server, that takes the RS-232 Data and converts it to ethernet. The other device is set up as a client, and it takes the ethernet data and converts it back to RS-232. I have a computer program that reads that RS-232 data, and then displays it. I am trying to bring that data into a PLC so I can track and store that data in a SCADA system.

So, when I connect the VESP211-232 device to the Anybus communicator (what we were looking at), the data was not correct, but when I connect the VESP device to my computer via serial, I can see the data correctly. I do not know if I have a setting messed up in the Anybus device or not.

I ordered another VESP211-232 device this afternoon, and I should be receiving it next week, but I will be out of town the entire week. I can respond back once I get the device up and running. I should have more time to tread and log data also.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the response, Let me know how it goes. I recommend checking the baud rate or number of data bits, these being wrong could give you data while still being wrong.

Deryck

Deryck,

I was unable to get a different serial cable to work with my set up, so I ordered a new cable that should be here tomorrow. Once I get that cable, I will connect the devices again and see if I am getting the correct data.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed Jaegler

Good afternoon Deryck,

I received a new serial cable and also did the reset of the anybus communicator per our last conversation. Now, I am not seeing any data coming through on the anybus communicator. When I plug the device into my computer, I am seeing the correct data coming through (and I can verify the correct hex data coming through via a serial monitoring program.

I am at a real loss on what is going on. Attached is the config file for the anybus device.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed Jaegler

stunner-testbench.cfg (16 KB)

Hi Ed,

Here is the document I was referring to over the phone.

Factory Restore Communicator.pdf (112.2 KB)

Deryck

Topic closed due to inactivity.