CompactCom Embedded

CompactCom EtheNet/IP 2P V1.18 (Model# AB6224) in use w/ RSLogix v20. When using the HMS Ethernet/IP EDS Generator, I can see the units online but when trying to “Upload from Device”, each fails with the following:

Unexpected response length for GetAttributeSingle.
Object nr: 15
Instance: 1
Attribute : 10

The EDS file needs to be updated and compatible with Studio 5000 v33, which is why we need to upload and EDS. Thoughts?

What is the device embedded in? Are you writing the host application?

That error is saying it is not getting a correct response for the parameter object minimum value size.

Deryck

Hello Deryck,

This is a proprietary PC from Danieli. The application came from them and I was able to get it working (and it’s still running) with the EDS file (attached). When using the HMS EDS Generator and trying to link in a copy the file back is when I get the error.

The reason for retrieving the EDS from the units is to have the latest for archiving, and the RSLogix is not able to obtain it through RSLinx.

Let me know if anything else is needed and thanks in advance.

image002.jpg

005A0000002E0100_HiSection.eds (16.6 KB)

Hello Deryck,

This is a proprietary PC from Danieli.  The application came from them and I was able to get it working (and it’s still running) with the EDS file (attached).  When using the HMS EDS Generator and trying to link in a copy the file back is when I get the error.  

The reason for retrieving the EDS from the units is to have the latest for archiving, and the RSLogix is not able to obtain it through RSLinx.  

Let me know if anything else is needed and thanks in advance.

005A0000002E0100_HiSection.eds (16.6 KB)

Hi @ctrldude,

The generator tool is intended for developers of the host application integrating the compactcom into their device. It is not intended for end customer use. The tool creates an eds itself not retrieving one. I recommend using the one from Danieli, they should be providing an updated EDS file for how they have configured the device.

10-4 and thanks for the feedback. I’ll have to pursue this myself as their engineer is asking us for the EDS file. Appreciate the help.

image002.jpg

Hi @ctrldude,

This seems a bit backwards, The error you were seeing from the tool indicated it was not able to read from the parameter object as previously mentioned. They may need to correct something in the host application.

I would expect the EDS file built for rslogix v20 to be compatable with v33.

Agreed! Presently they are looking at a possible solution but cannot determine why V20 and V33 do not play well with each other. I’ll update again if anything is found. Thanks!

image002.jpg