CompactComm-30 series

How soon after initial call to ABCC_RunDriver() is the Process Data up to date? Or how can I tell when this has happened? I am trying to sync the Output Process Data between PLC, CompactComm module, and my program after power up. I would like to sync as soon as the first valid read of the Output Process Data.

Where are you looking to check for the process data from the host application side or the Network side?

Deryck

host

I will need to look into this, it might depend on the communication mode being used. Are you using SPI?

Deryck

SPI yes

Mauro

Hello @scale4693,

Sorry about that I was thinking of the 40 series the 30 series doesn’t have SPI. It should be Serial or Parallel, Ill assume you are using serial unless you are using a 40 series.

We might need more info on what exactly you are looking for to answer your question. The ABCC_RunDriver will not Sync until the master actually sends it data. Discussing this with a colleague he pointed out the serial interface is most likely slow enough, compared to the ABCC, that during the next serial telegram the process data will be available.

Regards,
Deryck

Hey Deryk,

30 series using Serial:

What I am looking for is a flag or function I can monitor that tells me when the data is valid. That is, the very first telegram received with valid data.

Mauro

Hello @scale4693,
This looks like a limitiation of the serial driver for the M30 but there isnt a flag to watch for new data.

You should be able to use the process data callback void ABCC_CbfNewReadPd( void pxReadPd)* to handle when new data is available.

This differs from the SPI driver in the M40 which has logic setup for this.

Deryck