Configuration Manager is not working

Hello

I installed the latest version of Configuration Manager.
When I click the shortcut, it’s locked with following message.
[//hms-networks-s3.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/original/2X/d/de809507fa26bfd6b15056937b852fd704ac3d39.png]

Our IT expert couldn’t solve this issue and even Autodesk is recommending contacting you guys to fix this issue.
Please let me know how to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Haneol

Hello,

What Configuration manager version do you have installed? How are you launching the software. Our configuration manager should not be doing anything involving auto cad. Does the same issue happen if you launch the software directly from the .exe under progam files? It should be located in something

C:\Program Files (x86)\HMS\ACM\X-gateway

Hi Deryck,

I installed V4.5.1.0. I launched it by clicking the shortcut on my desktop screen.

Yes, same issue happened when I launched the software directly from the path.

Neither does even as Administrator.

Could you please check following link from AUTOCAD site that I referred to?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/You-are-prompted-to-run-Setup-exe-to-install-AutoCAD-when-you-launch-other-software.html

Thanks,

Haneol

Hi Haneol,

As that autodesk indicated it looks like an issue with the autodesk install.
If you would like to share a teamviewer ID and password I can remote onto your pc and take a look but I do not think there is anything I will be able to do.

Have you tried re-installing autodesk and Configuration Manager?

Regards,
Deryck

Topic closed due to inactivity.

Hi Deryck,

I am not sure if I had your remote support last year, but anyway I email you again because I’m still struggling with the Configuration Manager issue as shown in attached emails.

I google it and I guess it’s a known issue of the program so I’d like to ask if you guys have found any solution for it now.

As we use about hundred Anybus converters a year I have to use the program often but whenever I need to run the program I have to use my colleague’s laptop because it’s not working at all even after I re-install my CAD program.

Sometimes we ask our customers and control integrators to use the program for service or commissioning so I’m concerning that the program compatibility and conflict over CAD program can be a potential issue in our business as well.

Regards,

Haneol

image001.png

Hello Haneol,

I am not aware of any resolution to this issue. I have have not see anyone else report this issue. Where else are you seeing this issue posted if we can see other similar issues I can push more for the developers to take another look at this.

Please note you are posting to a topic on our forum HMS.how.

Deryck