Configuration of multiple Ewons

Hello everyone

At the moment we have a very weird problem in our company when configuring some Ewon Flexy205.

In the picture below, the Ewon which is shown as online (SN 2025-0242-24), was configured and tested in the morning and then turned off.

Today on the afternoon, we configured the second Ewon (SN 2020-0250-24). When taking a look at the web GUI, it says it is connected via VPN, but is not shown in ecatcher.

We tried turning off and on both Ewons but the first one from the picture won’t go offline and the second one won’t go online. No matter what we do.

Both ewons were configured via T2M.txt with the global key on an SD card and then later approved on eCatcher.

How is this fault possible and how can we avoid this from happening?
We’re really trying to keep our configuration time for multiple ewons low but stuff like this is really time consuming.

Also, at the moment we need 4 different SD cards for the whole configuration as it doesn’t seem to work with less.

• 1 SD card for eWON Firmware upgrade
  • 1 SD card for GSM card Firmware upgrade
  • 1 SD card for the backup.tar file
  • 1 SD card for the T2m.txt file

Is there a way to do this more efficiently and less time consuming?

Thanks in advance.

Greets
pstark

You should be able to have the firmware upgrade, the backup file and the t2m.txt on one card, but I’m not sure about the GSM firmware upgrade. I’ll need to look into that one.

Can you check and make sure that the serial number for that device matches the one that is showing online in eCatcher?

Unfortunately, I tried this several times with the ewon flexy205, but it didn’t work (without the GSM FW).
Which FW file should I try? .ebu or .edf?
.ebu never seems to work.

Yes, that’s why this is so confusing. Somehow they work as intended now with the correct ones shown online…

The .ebu files are used for a recovery and downgrades typically and the .edf files are typically used for firmware updates.

It may be that you need to do a reboot after the initial setup

Are you making sure that you are not restoring a backup from an Ewon that has been connected to T2M? You don’t want to restore the T2M info from another Ewon or it will cause issues like this.

@Tim_hms All right, then the .edf file seems to be right way to go.
Still, the configuration doesn’t work with 1 SD card.

A reboot didn’t solve the problem. But somehow it fixed itself…
Well let’s hope this was a single occurence.

@kyle_HMS Yes, only the varlist and the config.txt (not comcfg.txt) were uploaded via filezilla.
For the initial configuration for creating the backup.tar file, the communication settings were made “by hand” while intentionally omitting the VPN connection

OK thanks for the update. Tim is out of the office this week. Did you have any other questions or should we close this thread?

This thread can be closed.
thanks for the help!

Great - thank you!