Configure Ewon Cozy 131 - WiFi to Siemens LOGO V8

I have the same issue I have a Siemens Logo! I believe is a V7 with an Ethernet port I need to connect to a Cozy 131 WiFi. Has this been accomplished yet?

Thanks,
Ray

I have to check with our colleagues in the EU. They are on holiday today, so I’ll let you know what I find tomorrow.

Thank you I appreciate your time. I am still searching online as well.

PHYT

Kyle I sent an inquiry to product support regarding this issue as well.

Ticket ID: 47113

Have you tried to use it yet? It looks like it just uses ethernet for the programming software. Are you having a problem with it?

Yes,
I have the ewon configured and I can connect to it with ecatcher. I open the Siemens Logosoft software with the program on my PC and attempt to connect to the PLC online and it will not connect. My PC network IP address is in the same subnet as the PLC and I can’t even ping it? I am using a visitor WIFI network for the ewon and PLC and a hardwired connection from my PLC to our internal network.

For future reference, the Ewon does work with the LOGO! PLC and Soft Comfort software. Make sure that the PLC is on the same subnet as the Ewon’s LAN and select the TAP-Windows Adapter for Interface:

Kyle,

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it, have a great weekend.

Ray

Anytime - thanks Ray! Have a great weekend!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kyle

Kyle,

Good morning! Hey I have a really quick question for you? Will an Ewon 131 Cosy work on a 5.0 Ghz WiFi network?

Thanks,

Ray

No, the Wireless card works with 2.4 GHz only, but you can use the Anybus Wireless Bolt as the WiFi adapter for a Cosy 131 (any version, just requires connecting to the WAN port). There is a built in Wizard in the Cosy to configure this.

Kyle,

What is the difference between the Bolt and the Sunbolt?

Ray

~WRD000.jpg

Just the color.

Lol……Okay thanks.

Ray

I know, not very exciting. If it’s going to be outside and in the sun, go with the Sun version (white), otherwise the standard version (black) should be fine!

Kyle,

So is the anybus wireless bolt just connected to the 131 cozy via ethernet? Then I configure the Bolt to the 5.0Ghz Wifi network, How do I configure the cozy?

Thanks,

Ray

Yes.

Correct.

You will configure the Cosy to use Ethernet in the Wizard. You can either use DHCP (if you configure the Bolt as a DHCP server or configure for DHCP pass through) or a static IP address.

I would recommend configuring the Bolt in Bridge Mode to Layer 2 cloned MAC. If you do, you’ll have to use DHCP pass through or static. The Anybus will essentially just act like a network adapter.

Kyle,

Should I enter anything for the MAC addresses?

Ray

Yes, you need to enter the MAC address of the Ewon’s WAN adapter. You can find it in the System Info:

Kyle,

What is your phone number I’d like to shoot you a call quick.

Ray