Configuring serial server

I have an anybus serial server on my network. I installed and setup the serial/ip tool as well. Nothing seems to happen when I run the serial/ip port monitor. And I’m not clear on how to map registers of my serial device to the serial server. When I use an independent mb tcp test tool, I get the “connection refused” message when I try to connect to the serial server. Not very intuitive. Not much documentation. Looking for some help/manuals (that actually explain things). I’m not a novice at this - have used gateways/mb tools many times…this one is frustrating.

Hello @mpiotro,

What is the article number of the anybus device you have? Do you have a virtual serial server or transparent mobus RTU to TCP gateway?

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m not sure what the article number is, I know it is model # HMS-27-200. Anyhow, about an hour after submitting my question, I resolved it! I found a description of the device on some webpage that it is essentially an extension of an RS 485 cable. I was thinking it was a gateway, which it isn’t. That clarified for me how the device works. Anyhow - all good, the virtual com port created works wonderfully.

Thanks again,

Mike

Hi @mpiotro,

This is what I was thinking you might really want our transparent modbus RTU/TCP gateway AB7702 . You most likely have the AB7701.

Deryck