Connect Allen Bradley PLC through internet

Hi guys.

I’m looking for help on connecting an Allen Bradley plc through internet using flexy 205: I have a PC in a WAN connection (for example my house) and I want to be connected in a remote LAN connection (for example, on an industry where the plcs are connected).

I have used Talk2m software, but I can only connect my devices on the same LAN (on the same modem) and I want to know if what I want to do is possible or if I’m doing something wrong.

The device will have to be connected to the Flexy on the LAN side and in the same subnet. You cannot have any of your computer’s network adapters in the same subnet as the Flexy’s LAN. here is a document on setting up an Allen Bradley. Here is one of are document on how to configure for remote access.

I already have followed the instructions of that manual:

The configuration in all my devices are:
-DHCP on Ewon’s wifi (wan). Its MAC was added to DMZ of modem to allow remote access (for example, from a cell phone).
-192.168.2.7, 255.255.254.0 on PLC (connected on Ewon’s LAN)
-192.168.2.53, 255.255.254.0 on Ewon’s LAN
-DHCP on wifi’s lap. Here I have rslogix5000. It is connected to a different modem in another place. its assigned ip address is 192.168.3.66.

With this configuration I can access with the VPN tunnel (ecatcher) from my lap, (I have checked monitoring plc tags on ewon’s web server) but don’t have access to ewon’s LAN (cannot connect with RSLogix 5000) because ecatcher indicate ip address conflict.

When I connect all these devices to the same modem, I changed the lap’s lan address to a different segment (even if it isn’t in use) because the same warning appears:

“route cannot be added: the ewon’s lan computer… please modify your ewon subnet.”

After doing it, I can connect my lap and flexy 205 (both connected to the same modem) with ecatcher and rslogix5000.

the Ip addresses assigned with dhcp are also different from each other.

1 Like