Connecting EC350 To Cummins ModLon II

Hi,

I don’t see any image attached so I can’t say for sure, but it sounds like you are correct. If they are giving you multiple variables in one register you probably need to set a mast for the part you need. For example if they are saying bit 3 is a Boolean alarm for an event you will need to set a parameter reading the corresponding register with a 1 mas on the 3rd bit. Passing only the 3rd bit into the parameter.

Deryck

Deryck:

Sorry, this is the table I was trying to show you:

I set the mask for the values 0, 3, and 5 according to the following example:

The masks for values 1,2, and 4 were programmed this way, because I thought the values in the table represented the bit place in the mask, but I see that didn’t work properly.

And then, after updating the configuration, when I read the parameters in the “Browse Devices” tab, I get the following results:

Only 1 value can be valid at a time. So, I’m still trying to figure it out.

Robert Akins

Hi,
Ah ok, this changes my answer. Seeing that chart I think it is just telling you when you read that register you should see a number come back 0-5 and that value corresponds to the current state. This could be used with the enumeration and no mask. The enumeration would be as simple as 0=stopped;1=start pending;2=Warmup at idle… continuing for each number. When the dashboard shows this parameter it will display the text over just the number.

Deryck

Deryck:

Well, that’s what I thought initially, and that’s how I first programmed the parameter for register address 11, with the enumeration showing each of the values, but it still only came back as 255; that’s what started the e-mail topic back on 11/9/18 about the state parameter.

Robert

Hi @anonzwhgkqab

If you are getting 255 back this at least tells you the controller is working and responding to the netbiter. However a 255 could indicate an error on the controller side or the controller is indicating this feature is not available. I would check the controllers user manual to see what the meaning of a 255 response is.

Deryck

Hi Deryck:

I’m working on getting a different Netbiter set up, which is monitoring a slightly different controller, but which should read the state in the same manner, when I get data back from it we’ll see if it has the same issue or not. I’ll get back to you once I get more data.

Thanks,

Robert Akins

Denton County Facilities Department

Topic closed due to inactivity.