Connection issue

I am attempting to connect to a customer in Hyderabad, India through the ewon but I am having connection issues.

See below screen shot of ping.

How do I determine where the issue is.

Hi,

Is the device you are tryign to ping connected on the LAN side of the ewon device?

Hi zach,

The device is connected to the lan side. Is there anything else i need to check?

Hello James,

it is difficult to say why you would be getting packet drops like this. Zach was asking about the LAN devices to see if we can narrow down where you would be losing packet. If you can ping the Ewon without issue but not a device on the LAN the issue could be on the LAN. If Pinging the ewon also has an issue it could be due to an issue on the VPN.

By default the VPN uses a UDP connection, if a packet is lost then it is not re transmitted. You can force TCP and see if this helps. There are 2 connections happening, First one from you PC to the VPN server then one from the ewon to the VPN server.

To set the PC to VPN follow the following steps:
From eCatcher login open the settings
then select modify under the Connections & Proxy Settings.
Finally select the TCP radio button.

To change it on the ewon to VPN side. You can rerun the talk2m wizard. On the second page click the MORE… link and check the box to force TCP.
Continue though the talk2m wizard allowing it to test the connection. If it can connect over TCP the wizard will pass and apply the settings.

Deryck