Consume transaction EN2SE-R

I have an EN2SE module set up to communicate between a checkweigher with a RS232 output and a Logix PLC. The module consumes a variable data object of max length 20. When try mimicking data from the checkweigher from my PC, it doesn’t look like the consume transaction is working (no log file is created, node monitor doesn’t report anything). I am sending a string with less than 20 characters and with the specified terminating character. Is there something that I’m missing?
cw1_20182020.cfg (16.0 KB)

Hello @nml,

If you are not seeing any data in the Log you could have an issue with the connection to the device. maybe the Rx and Tx lines need to be swapped or the serial settings do not match. You can try a null modem to swap the Rx and Tx and make sure the bitrate, stop bits, number of bits, etc. match what is used on the PC.

Deryck

It ended up being a bad null modem adapter. I switched it with a new one and I can see data come into the module now.
The problem now is that if I am not actively monitoring the node, it does not look like the node is actively functioning. While I’m monitoring the node, I see data come in from the subnetwork and get transmitted to the higher network. However, if I am not actively monitoring the node, the log file will show that data came in from the subnetwork, but nothing is passed on to the higher level network.

It sounds like the consume transaction is not matching the data coming in and is getting rejected. Do you have any constants in the consume transaction that you can add? Other then that you are only relying on timing so you can only adjust the timeouts.

Deryck

I’m testing with the same type of structure to my ASCII string. It’s less than 20 char, which is my defined max, and my terminating char is CR. The only real difference has been that either I’m monitoring the node or I’m not.
My node offline timeout time is 0ms and this is just a generic consume transaction. Are there other timeout timers that should be adjusted? There is no set rate as to when the subnetwork will see data. All I need it to do is to take that data when it receives it and transfer it up to the Ethernet network.
I’ve attached a sample log file. What I have noticed that the relative time for the first character sent is much higher when I’m not monitoring the node than when I am monitoring the node. Monitoring: lines 1, 18, 25, 120. Not monitoring: lines 52, 69, 86, 103.
log2.txt (6.7 KB)

What are you referring to here as nodes and lines?

The communicator is always monitoring the bus for data that matches the transactions. Looking at the log and config I would increase the message delimiter to 300.

Deryck

I’ve increased the message delimiter to 300 and it looks like we have stable comms now. Thank you so much!