Cosy 131 Firmware upgrade

Hello ther,

I have a Cosy 131 that is fitted to a machine that has come back from the customer for refurb. The Ewon is currently on Firmware 11.2s2 and I want to get it up to the latest V14, mainly because I want to be able to see and configure a Profinet network remotely.

Howver I cannot even get it to upgrade to V12 at the moment. Via Ebuddy (12.3) I can do everything except upgrade the firmware. I am using a 10/100MB switch as required, but keep getting the “Transfer error : Failed to send file to eWON.”

The Ewon log file looks like:

If I try to transfer an EDF file to the Ewon Root folder via Filezilla then I get:

WinSCP also fails.

However I can transfer files to the user folder on the Ewon.
I also note that all the files in the Ewon root directory are reporting 0 bytes size.

I have done a factory reset and am logged in as adm/adm.

I see that I am not the first to have this problem, but have not seen a clear resolution.

Anybody able to help with this?

Thanks in advance,
Clive.

Hi Clive,

You will need to perform a recovery using eBuddy to update to 14.4s0 since the firmware it to old. You will not need firmware 12 to do this.

Zach,
Thanks for this, however I get to

and press “next” it comes up with what appears to be a progress bar for a fraction of a second, followed by:

Any ideas on this?

Regards,
Clive.

Also I note that the “Ebu” file only seems to be about 10K byte and is an XML file. Is this correct?
Clive.

Aslo, it seems that your firmware download site is not working. Having selected Cosy 131 and a restore/recovery method, clicking on the “select firmware” does not show any options, but just a short little bar below the button.

Any further suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Clive.

HI there Zach,

I have tried the steps suggested in the document you referred me to, but it has not worked.

I have put the details of the problems in the Forum Thread.

Do you have anything else to suggest please?

Regards,

Clive Thorne.

When Ebuddy download EDF/EBU firmware files from the net prior to doing a firmware upgrade these files are XML files of around 10K each. This doesn’t seem like it can be right to me.
Am I missing something here?
Currently unable to manually download these files from the web page, as per my previous thread.

Clive.

Ticket continued here: